MakeWebGames

iOS development

KyleMassacre

So lately I have been getting into iOS app development and I thought maybe my first adventure can be an app for the forum because there has been some talk about navigation on mobile devices being a pain. So I would like to share with you and maybe get some opinions on this. Now since it's just me working on this(for now), it won't be released for quite sometime because, well, I am new and completely suck :p.

So let me give you some insight on what I wish to accomplish here:

• Easy navigation
  • Login
  • Register
  • Push Notifications

As a disclaimer this is going to be a webview of the forum because it will be super duper hard for me to make a fully functional native iOS app for this forum or any other forum for that matter but this will have some native feel to it. For example the Login and Register will be native as well as the navigation.

Some snags that I have hit along the process of this is that some of the features are not available as of yet like the new features for liking/thanking posts, viewing your notifications for the previous, a loss in functionality of your profile page, and some moderation/admin features. But everything else seems to be fully functional in regards to viewing and posting on the forum.

So check out some of the screenshots and let me know what you think

http://imgur.com/a/3nl9T

This is absolutely fantastic my only suggestion would be to add a section where we can latest threads and replies like in the full site

That is already there so don't worry about that

Looking great! Can't wait to get this thing on my ipad.

Have you dived into Swift yet?

No. I'll have to check that out

Edit

Just took a brief look and it looks much easier than plain ol' Objective C/Cocoa

Edited by KyleMassacre

You should try and use the native styling. It helps for continuity between apps and people will find it easier to use if they recognise the content.

Looks good though and maybe there is an auth plugin for this forum platform that would enable sessions from within the app which might make it a bit more streamlined.

You should try and use the native styling. It helps for continuity between apps and people will find it easier to use if they recognise the content.

Looks good though and maybe there is an auth plugin for this forum platform that would enable sessions from within the app which might make it a bit more streamlined.

I'm completely lost here. What do you mean by native styling? And I'm not too sure what you mean by an auth plugin? I am still looking at some sort of sessions for iOS app or maybe just do like the user data thing or whatever it's called. Fair warning I'm only a couple weeks into this so I'm not sure on what everything is just yet.

p.s. I noticed in another thread you are talking about writing an OSX app, mind if I add you on skype and we can chit-chat? And by that I mean give me some pointers on stuff :p

Edited by KyleMassacre