MakeWebGames

Add teh buttons

AnonymousUser

Here's my ajax caller for my gym all i need is the buttons made for some reason i seem to having some technical errors lol or its getting late and i can't seem to think at the moment :D (Future Thanks & Thumbs Up)

***removed code due to completion of request

Edited by AnonymousUser
Thank You Sniko =)

Here's my ajax caller for my gym all i need is the buttons made for some reason i seem to having some technical errors lol or its getting late and i can't seem to think at the moment :D (Future Thanks & Thumbs Up)

Considering you're switching on a _GET to call the respective function, this should suffice;

(I've only done one button, but you'll get the gist on how to do the others. You will also need the jQuery library)

<div id="response"></div>
<a href="" class="trainButton" data-type="train" data-stat="strength">Train Strength</a>

<script>
   $(document).ready(function() {
       $('.trainButton').click(function() {
           var strType = $(this).data('type');
           var strStat = $(this).data('stat');
           $.get('ajaxListener.php?cmd=' + strType + '&stat=' + strStat, function(strTrainResponse) {
               $('#response').html(strTrainResponse);
           });
       });
   });
</script>

Edited by sniko

Considering you're switching on a _GET to call the respective function, this should suffice;

(I've only done one button, but you'll get the gist on how to do the others. You will also need the jQuery library)

<a href="" class="trainButton" data-type="train" data-stat="strength">Train Strength</a>

<script>
           $.get('ajaxListener.php?cmd=' + strType + '&stat=' + strStat, function(strTrainResponse) {
           });
       });
   });
</script>

You're also open to SQL injection.

thank you a bunch bro you're a lifesaver :D

<script>
           });
       });
   });
</script>

lol thank you sir! i'll be sure to get right on securing this code :) you're help is much appreciated

i think you did the refill function for this code actually...

Nope. Unless with your implementation it changed.

My code would send a HTTP GET request to ajaxListener.php?cmd=train&stat=strength. Your AJAX listener would "route" that request on switching the _GET['cmd'] value, down to the train() function.

Admittedly, this should really be a POST.

Create = PUT

Retrieve = GET

Update = POST

Delete = DELETE

POST if you are sending a command to the server to create a subordinate of the specified resource, using some server-side algorithm.

Edited by sniko