MakeWebGames

Simple Little MVC Framework

gamble

Hello MWG,

I have been trying to be a more active coder and make things whether they be worthless or not just for the practice of making it. Over the past couple hours i have been working a simple MVC framework just for the practice. I've learned a little bit while doing it, not too much. I want to show some of you guys it if you are at all interested! I know its no Symfony, Codeigniter, CakePHP, Yii, etc... I know that. Like i said before it is very simple but i plan to build it a bit more in my free time to where maybe somebody can use it in a project.

Check it out on GitHub:

https://github.com/gambleDev/Framework/tree/master

All of the basics of it work which was my goal before putting it on github. If you have any ideas of what i should do to make it more efficient or even if youre bored and want to help just let me know, i love learning and really want to improve my quality of code. Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

gamble

MVC is certainly an interesting framework to use. I think for games that many developers here on MWG do, MVC would be a very appropriate framework compared to many other frameworks that are used here. This is certainly a great start to something much better.

In my opinion, in my past experience with MVC, I would load the view within the model. The controller should control only the base logic as well as load the appropriate model, but one model can be the base for many different views.

~G7470

*shrugs* haha I think everyone has their own different style.

Personally, I would either allow the flexibility of loading several different models based upon the page being requested, allow loading of several different views based on the same criteria, or even do both. From the MVC framework uses that I have seen, loading of the views was on the model and loading of the models was on the controller, but regardless, if that flexibility that I mentioned is present, it should work.

~G7470