MakeWebGames

Metal Gaming || Marine Commando || In Progress

WildHosting

Hello MakeWebGames community.

Me and a friend are currently working on a FPS(First Person Shooter) this will be around 70-80% custom build and we have worked with an engine to fill the other percentages.

We are looking for a 3rd Developer you will not work on the FPS with us though, we need a 3rd Developer to create our base websites for us, you will need to have advanced Graphic Knowledge & of course great coding knowledge to create a secure & compatible website.

Our Company Base Website will be: Metal Gaming

Our FPS will be named: Marine Commando

Future Games: Racing, Boxing, Billiards & more

We understand the concept of a lot of games with the ping players receive. But for now we will be having our first server within the EU.

We will look to have more servers in the future for sure next being the US, but a US player can play a EU server with a decent ping for the time being.

Our current budget is £8,300 which will mainly be going out for our servers & the heaviest advertising for our game(s) to go wild with activity. So yes we do understand the concept of making these games go big out there and be successful, they need the correct advertising and to be perfect from release to catch the gaming communities eye.

If we are totally satisfied after 2 weeks of development with us, we will be issuing a £150 Paypal payment to you & a contract to sign with us.

Current share rates are myself 45% the other developer 30%. We are happy to set a 15% share rate with you over the contract you sign, 15 is a small number but as for the activity we will be gaining and the sales 15% will be a lot.

If you are interested, private message me and I will provide my skype and we can talk further.

We already have the game partly playable in a single player mode & a screenshot of current graphics is shown below, we will be upgrading as we go further into development.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1573[/ATTACH]

Release of base website: We are hopeful our next developer can get a release of our base Metal Gaming website for sometime in July.

Release of Marine Commando: Nov-Feb, we should have a release for around then.

Partners: We will be looking for traffic to our base site also soon, if you want to partner up with us, feel free to contact me also to get your game possibly displayed on our base website.

Note: We will provide all the websites to create your work on of course.

Screenshot1.jpg.641e04b052dd77cdff649e55b29dddbb.jpg

I will be doing my best to get a release on big sources, Steam of course being one along with Origin too, but Origin will be a tough one as for being EA Games.

We have been in contact with Aeria Games & as for what was a huge game "Soldier Front" is starting to die out, they would be interested in being involved with our FPS depending on the quality.

Once we are close to release I will contact Steam. There isn't much use contacting them yet as they aren't going to see what they want to see, so we are going to progress near release until we contact them!

All is getting me excited as I can't wait to give the game a go myself, looks like I need to get a nice voice over for the introduction to the game and I can release a trailer on youtube and share it here.

Edited by WildHosting

Also, sorry for failing to give the information that this WILL be a Free 2 Play game. Additional features can be purchased (Maps, Game Modes, Weapons & Characters).

We will need Game Testers & Reviews every so often, so we will be picking several people from this forum.

If you become a tester for us, once we release we will issue some sort of reward bonus for when you start playing our game!

We will be using a safe guard to prevent hacking scripts. But we will allow 3rd Party Modules in only one certain way, we will have a Map Creator, players can create there own maps and set up there own Multiplayer games, they can run 3rd party modules that way. But having your own Map/Game Creator will be part of a subscription package!

- - - Updated - - -

So for 2 week dev someone will get 150? I think you are seriously underestimating that one there and seeing as you have 8300 that is a very low sum of money for 2 weeks

We are offering 15% shares and a contract, it's fair to me. The £150 shouldn't even be offered since we are on shares but it proves we will pay and progress with that developer. For a game that is very costly also just because we have £8,300 which isn't even a lot of money when creating these types of games it doesn't mean we can just throw cash around, it has to be spent wisely.

On a side note, developers can discuss this further with me and I may be interested in rising the payment.

Edited by WildHosting

This might sound critical but I just want the following questions cleared up.

• What makes this game different compared to others?
  • Do you have any long term goals/aims? If yes, would you share?
  • What sort of support will you provide for customers who are having technical difficulties?
  • What sort of launch do you expect? Meaning do you expect it to be successful right away or gradually build up?
  • If you do get popular the developer (you pick now) will he become part of a team if need be? Will he get left behind? Would he become lead developer? In short what does the future hold for this developer?
  • What language is programmed in?
  • Will it support Linux/Mac?
Edited by Script47

What makes this game different compared to others? - Our game will have a unique and exciting story line as most games fail to start with. This will grab the players attentions hugely by the strong effects we use. We have a Campaign Mode & Multiplayer mode. The Campaign mode is only to be found on our game the way it is and will work its way through the marines story from 1900's to the day we are in now. Meaning you will face every concept of war the US & UK Marines was part of from the 1900's to the day of today.

Do you have any long term goals/aims? If yes, would you share? - As we are to create more than one game, we hope to grow to if not one of then the biggest Gaming Providers in Europe & hopefully progress onto every continent. We aim to create as many games to set all gaming audiences to our game types.

What sort of support will you provide for customers who are having technical difficulties? - We will be employing a Support & Technical team for sure, no doubt about that. We will surely be looking to deal with any cases before the 24 hour mark after there submission. We will provide Live Support on our base website also for more Major cases.

What sort of launch do you expect? Meaning do you expect it to be successful right away or gradually build up? - As for where & how we choose to advertise we hope that our budget can get a fair successful launch from start off. We will provide a Pre-Registration within the next coming months to keep track of our progress towards who is to give our game a chance at launch.

If you do get popular the developer (you pick now) will he become part of a team if need be? Will he get left behind? Would he become lead developer? In short what does the future hold for this developer? - As said 2 weeks of work and if we are happy with what has been developed then we will offer a contract. As for picking a developer before any sort of launch if there work is good enough they will become the root leader of future developers & will get some sort of high authority with our whole services. The long term future for not just this developer but us all working on this huge project is not 100% certain, we have to make this work ourselves and of course we will only pick the correct a fit for purpose developer.

Another few questions

1. What game(if any) is the inspiration that you hope your game can follow ( E.g Soldier Front, Counter Strike)

2.The game is free to play, will there be items that players can purchase to give an unfair advantage over others( Essentially pay to win )

Any more questions I'll ask. But I wish you luck with the project :)

Another few questions

1. What game(if any) is the inspiration that you hope your game can follow ( E.g Soldier Front, Counter Strike)

2.The game is free to play, will there be items that players can purchase to give an unfair advantage over others( Essentially pay to win )

Any more questions I'll ask. But I wish you luck with the project :)

Soldier Front is a game I mastered very many years ago and I loved it much. But I don't really have a game I wish for it to follow, I wish for it to lead in front of all other FPS games rather than follow off from one, but in some aspects there may be similarities to Soldier Front as for how the character creation section, we will be basing our character system similar to theres.

There is no unfair advantages when purchasing. But when you do spend money its mostly pimping up your account there isn't unfair advantages and if there are it will be very very very thin ones which for a payment is understandable as all games do work that way, but no it is not pay to win what so ever otherwise there is hardly success in sight for us.

Soldier Front is a game I mastered very many years ago and I loved it much. But I don't really have a game I wish for it to follow, I wish for it to lead in front of all other FPS games rather than follow off from one, but in some aspects there may be similarities to Soldier Front as for how the character creation section, we will be basing our character system similar to theres.

There is no unfair advantages when purchasing. But when you do spend money its mostly pimping up your account there isn't unfair advantages and if there are it will be very very very thin ones which for a payment is understandable as all games do work that way, but no it is not pay to win what so ever otherwise there is hardly success in sight for us.

Thanks for answering, I also played SF for many many years under Ijji.. I'm sure if the game is anything of that level it will be entertaining

Indeed it is a fantastic game, kjumping was great! We are aiming to get well over that stage of how SoldierFront is now, SoldierFront's graphics are years old now and with the technology available these days it will look much neater and better than what SoldierFront is. I was only on Soliderfront a couple week back, it has turned terrible now Aeria took over, not to mention there is a Soldier Front 2.

Indeed it is a fantastic game, kjumping was great! We are aiming to get well over that stage of how SoldierFront is now, SoldierFront's graphics are years old now and with the technology available these days it will look much neater and better than what SoldierFront is. I was only on Soliderfront a couple week back, it has turned terrible now Aeria took over, not to mention there is a Soldier Front 2.

It's the not same as SF1 :(

And even though the graphics weren't great. That game was appealing because many machines could run it. Just make sure graphics aren't everything in the project :)

That was a great point you stated about Graphics. We will be looking to make our games compatible with as many machines as possible! And yes Soldier Front was unique for every way it was, apart from the hackers from time to time.

Our FIRST multi-player map is currently in creation & a sneak preview is below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1574[/ATTACH]

We hope to release a trailer within the next 14-21 days.

Screenshot2.jpg.e547e7b0fed82389211d2767d422e778.jpg

I'm definitely interested on how this turns out, it is very different to the norm around here and looks awesome. Reminds me of CSS (Counter Strike: Source).

• What language is programmed in?
  • Will it support Linux/Mac?

So many games like this do have a desert sort of map, so you will taste some of your other favorite FPS games in ours but we wish to make our maps much better set out with lots of open and coverable areas.

Marine Commando is being created with C++.

I was recently asked as most games are usually based "Outside", will there be inside areas, building access & camping spots. Yes there will & also there will be very open maps as people like to camp & some people like to play an open non hidden game, so we are trying to hit all favorite areas of our audiences.

We are certainly looking for a future of it support linux/mac, for now we will be creating all inside areas of the game and then move onto making it compatible for as many areas as possible.

So many games like this do have a desert sort of map, so you will taste some of your other favorite FPS games in ours but we wish to make our maps much better set out with lots of open and coverable areas.

Marine Commando is being created with C++.

I was recently asked as most games are usually based "Outside", will there be inside areas, building access & camping spots. Yes there will & also there will be very open maps as people like to camp & some people like to play an open non hidden game, so we are trying to hit all favorite areas of our audiences.

We are certainly looking for a future of it support linux/mac, for now we will be creating all inside areas of the game and then move onto making it compatible for as many areas as possible.

Mainly an off topic question, how much of this did you code? Only asking this question because I hated C++ and dunno how one can code a game like this in it. xD

Well I stated 70-80% is our own coding/images the rest is based off an engine. We have used several snips of different languages for certain aspects of the game, C++ being the core. As for past research, I heard usually basing all areas with C++ does cause lots of lag once in big numbers so my other developer at the moment is working on the coding aspects, he is more much advanced than I am.

Some images used to create segments on our maps is from an engine and we have legal permission to use them images however we wish from our past purchase of that engine.

We used this engine to study and teach ourselves the best ways to create our FPS, we knew how to do it, but it would not be as effective enough if we did not study this engine to learn further.

I have never worked with C++ properly until the start of this project which isn't so long, but our other developer has been doing more of the coding work than I have so far. He has a great voice to speak with so I should be getting him to do some speaking in our trailer to come. That will also give you the chance to see who the other developer is!

Over 400 views on the forum which is great to see people are hearing about my creation:)!

Edited by WildHosting

This is not a final product, we have months of creation upon us, but here is a little teaser of what is to come with one of our maps!

Please subscribe to our channel as we will be adding regular videos to show progress. I apologize for the quality of the video it is only 240p.

Edit: just over an hour and half and over 300 views on the video, great!

Edited by WildHosting

Who's the lucky developer?

We still don't have one :(

The website so far has been made by me, so i've took majority of the day off from creating the game and instead started the website development. But a developer is still surely needed as we have A LOT to do & there is plenty of work available for the next developer!

On a quick progressing note, we look to release a demo for the game in October.

Edited by WildHosting