MakeWebGames

Feed back wanted

AdamHull

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/a3544250/public_html/includes/db_connect.php on line 11

Free Web Hosting

ERROR: Please make sure you update the file /includes/db_connect.php with the correct MySQL database information.

Nice landing page and complex site you have, I just made and account and played a few minutes.

I haven't played any mafia-text based games before, so after login I got a little confuse of what role I am playing and what I need to do.

So I suggest instead or after TOS some basic guidelines would help newbies.

What I felt strange is the transition from that cool login to the site content. But I get its under development.

One thing is for sure and you might not agree: Too many links on your menu. It takes time to find a page, maybe move the actions as top-header menu ?

Some other geeky stuff that could just be my bad taste:

landing page:

• Background is smaller than my screen resolution. gets tiled.
  • Form labels are not the same size. Not sexy.
  • use
    *{ outline: none;}

to hide the browser input focus outline

• Redirect to Login after registration successful. Make the success message more visible.
  • The TOS should be visible before register.
  • Where is my logout button ?
  • To avoid having hard time using images to create rounded corners and inner shadow inputs use CSS.

input[type=text]{
        border-radius: 10px;
        height: 30px;
        border: 0;
        box-shadow: inset 2px 2px 5px #666;
    }

This code will give you the exact look as your input background for your login page. And the best part is that you can have it whatever width and height you want.

So you are not bounded by the background image.

More feedback as I play. :)

Edited by HazardBoy

Thanks I will take all of this into account and have these updates done soon I was in the process of making a explore page which would cut down the menu text a lot so there would only be the importance links there and a separate page for the rest. I shall also make the tos available before register as well.