MakeWebGames

Supernatural?

seanybob

Does a Supernatural Deity exist?

Why or why not?

RULES:

Respect other people's opinions. DO NOT attack other people, rather reply to their post in a dignified, orderly way, addressing (or rebutting) their points.

I WILL edit posts that I deem inflammatory. If this gets out of hand, I'll delete the thread.

I would just like to hear people's reasons for believing or not believing in a supernatural being.

Re: Supernatural?

I do not Belive in Supernatural At all

There Is No Proof that a God Is Real Or Not.

Humans Made The Bible..

Faith Is Not Fact

Level Of Knowledge Effects Person Understand of Things.

People Long Ago Did Not Understand alot of things

How Did People Long ago reaction When They Saw There First Tornado,hurrican,EarthQuake

On History Channel They Were Talking About things man made over 2000 years ago

on a temple they Had a Device that open doors When Fire Started

But when Fire was put open the Doors Would Close

But People Coming To Temple were not Told This

They Belive That Gods Were Opening The Door

I do think something is out there, somewhere.

I'm in my teens and trying to discover myself, just like most teens are.

I'm studding Wicca, a form of witchcraft that is also called the "Old Religion" that was discovered by the British.

If someone were to ask me what a ghost is, I would give them a mix of terms.

A ghost is a space of energy.

A ghost is an ancient spirit trying to communicate with us.

A ghost is a creature of a god.

Mostly I believe in the second term I gave.

How Did People Long ago reaction When They Saw There First Tornado,hurrican,EarthQuake

You stated, that, people back then did not understand alot, yet they designed and built somthing that opened and closed doors when a fire started? Hmmmmm

Maybe it is us that does not understand? We think we are "In the greatest age" maybe we are just the selfish boasting generation?

In my opinion, I dont believe in A god. I believe in something called reiki. It's like a universal healing that Jesus used to do, basically. But, it teaches all about inner peace and love etc etc.

I do not Belive in Supernatural At all

Humans Made The Bible..

Faith Is Not Fact

Of course faith is not fact, hence called faith.

I believe in God/Jesus.

Not mostly because they are supernatural, because of the message they convey.

Love, peace and faith. :-)

And the greatest of these is love ;)

Faith Is Not Fact

If there was proof, faith wouldn't be required. If you hear coins jingle in my pocket, you 'have faith' I have coins in my pocket. If I take them out and show them to you, no more faith is required, it is a simple fact now, and requires no effort on your part.

Hebrews 11:6 "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and rewards those who seek him."

Humans Made The Bible..

True. However, a Christian would argue that it is inspired (meaning the thoughts in the bible were given to the authors) by the Holy Spirit part of the Trinity.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."

You speak the truth. Many bad things have been done under the "flag"/name of christianity. Take a look at the inquisition. However, what you said also doesn't perfectly apply here. While it's true that left to their own devices, human beings may not understand certain things pertaining to the scriptures or the nature of God, revelation through his Holy Spirit (read that as Divine revelation if you will) can certainly help people to understand, correct?

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you."

There are many things that people could not explain, and ascribed (or credited) to gods, from the sun, to photosynthesis. You're statement is true, to a degree.

I do think something is out there, somewhere.

I'm in my teens and trying to discover myself, just like most teens are.

I'm studding Wicca, a form of witchcraft that is also called the "Old Religion" that was discovered by the British.

If someone were to ask me what a ghost is, I would give them a mix of terms.

A ghost is a space of energy.

A ghost is an ancient spirit trying to communicate with us.

A ghost is a creature of a god.

Mostly I believe in the second term I gave.

My girlfriend has had several experiences with ghosts... I may get into that later, depending what direction this thread goes in. You may be right Ferdi.

In my opinion, I dont believe in A god. I believe in something called reiki. It's like a universal healing that Jesus used to do, basically. But, it teaches all about inner peace and love etc etc.

Love was Jesus' message :)

I'd be interested in hearing more about reiki, if you'd be willing to share.

Well, in my studies of Witchcraft, some existed somewhere 200 years Before the christian god jesus was born.

If you believe in Magick(spelled with a 'k' to avoid the other term which is stating to do the impossible), this theory is most likely true.

I would imagine that witchcraft existed since almost the dawn of mankind.

Also... few to no historians debate Jesus was born. It's more or less agreed upon by secular and religious historians alike. The difference is when Jesus' status as the Son of God comes into play (not arguing you here, just stating something)

Of course faith is not fact, hence called faith.

Exactly :)

Now guys, I'm not attempting to put down your beliefs (or if athiest, lack thereof), but am just trying to better understand them. Don't take anything to offense, or as a challenge, I'm just yearning for a better understanding. With that said, if you have an issue with something I posted, feel free to pm me or post here about it and I'll remove it. :)

Well, in my studies of Witchcraft, some existed somewhere 200 years Before the christian god jesus was born.

If you believe in Magick(spelled with a 'k' to avoid the other term which is stating to do the impossible), this theory is most likely true.

I would imagine that witchcraft existed since almost the dawn of mankind.

Also... few to no historians debate Jesus was born. It's more or less agreed upon by secular and religious historians alike. The difference is when Jesus' status as the Son of God comes into play (not arguing you here, just stating something)

It depends which kind of Witchcraft you are talking about.

The roman chiristians did not have any problem that there was infact another religion in rome, but then all of a sudden when Witchcraft became popular..

..The romans banned it and told the others that they should not become followers and that they were worshipers of the Christian's evil god satan.

And then, after that, the witches began torturing the Christians.

But any witch not getting their power from a God, is getting it from the Christian's evil god satan, I think people knows why.

Sure. My mum is a reiki "master" and one of the best in england. Her website is: http://www.reikinetworkoldham.co.uk/ Probably give you a better insight into it. If you want facts to "believe in it" then ask and I will provide. She works in many hospitals, and almost all of her patients begin to make a recovery. Or those that need to usually pass on, to whatever comes next.

• 1 year later...

Heres my theory rgarding ghosts..

People say they can walk through walls..

MY THEORY

Maybe when they were alive the house in which they lived had a door there and over the years the house has been modernised and the door sealed up.. But to the ghost that would still be a door because thats all it knew it as.

Ghosts Caught on Camera.. they only see spectral globes.

MY THEORY

This could be anything auto flash too close to a lighter object creating feed back or even the flash reflected from behind the camera..

UFOs are we alone.

MY THEORY

The Answer to that one is YES we are experts say that UFO's are more Advanced than our development would ever be and that they have a UFO from the rockwell sighting. Well if this is so why hasnt our development in flight and industry Improved if we now know what they know...

POLTERGIESTS every house has a past and every old house has a problem..

MY THEORY

Until the launch of the Movie Poltergiest back in the 80s there was never any real commitment to discuss Poltergeist activity then after the movie a whole load of new speculations started and the world went bang in the dark mental.