MakeWebGames

Login / bans / flood / etc

Indeed something is not correct but it's more than likely not correct on your server. My server all run with the local time zone, not UTC. If you leave UTC in the engine, make sure your server is as well set as UTC. You could try to change the timezone of the engine by editing the config key default Time Zone from the admin panel.

Well, you are the first with this issue. I prefer working with MySQL data types because you can do a select and read back the correct value and not just a number. I could check if I manage to make MySQL tell me the time difference in sec, such that we don't have this issue anymore.

Well as I keep saying I could edit this and I could make major changes but then if I keep editing things that I feel are basic to the system I will lose out on any future upgrades or in other words give me more and more work which I am trying to avoid.

If you haven't noticed, the issues I always bring up is not about game play, it is the basic stuff like login, membership accounts, etc. I do know that it is up to me to customize the game but I expect the engine to work regardless of timezone, and so forth as these things seem to be basic elements of any script.

I already have a heavy work load customizing it to how I want it but these are basic issues with login and you will face this issue with future users who do not keep the same time zone as their server. I guess most people cater for games within their time zone - I cater for the world. Therefore in general I code my own sites based on time because time for you and me are always the same based on minutes ago, hours, ago, etc.