MakeWebGames

Paypal donations with multiple games. Multiple IPNs?

dnenb

Yes you can have only one automatic IPN url, however if you disable it, you can pass the IPN via an hidden field:

<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='http://yoursite.com/paypal_ipn.php'>

Wow, I had no clue. Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to do that? I mean why isn't this what we're told to do in the install instructions?

Edit, just FYI: "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to a_bertrand again."

Edited by dnenb
bertrand<3

There is no real reason to not use it, if your IPN checks back to paypal if the transaction is valid. Therefore if you implement your check correctly, you don't risk anything. On the other side, if you simply take any calls to your IPN as valid, then anybody could make a transaction without paying anything. But I'm sure you are not doing it, right?

There is no real reason to not use it, if your IPN checks back to paypal if the transaction is valid. Therefore if you implement your check correctly, you don't risk anything. On the other side, if you simply take any calls to your IPN as valid, then anybody could make a transaction without paying anything. But I'm sure you are not doing it, right?

I'm using mccode v2 and I haven't changed anything in the ipn files. You tell me? Looks like is checks (from ipn_donator.php):

// post back to PayPal system to validate
$header .= "POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.0\r\n";
$header .= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";
$header .= "Content-Length: " . strlen($req) . "\r\n\r\n";
$fp = fsockopen('www.paypal.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);

Well clearly it doesn't work anymore as, if I remember right paypal works only in HTTPS yet, and... you can't do that with fsockopen. Sorry to say, but McCodes is not a good bases. To make it work I would use the curl lib.

Alright, thanks man. I'm gonna rewrite the donations system and figure it out.