MakeWebGames

New Job

gmoore

Oh, not leaving. I just decided to go into emergency mode and get one site up before I get stuck 9-5 in an office. Even if its only 5% what I want. Otherwise I will always just wait. This way my freakish need to improve it will take over my paranoia of putting something up too soon.

Greg

Perfection makes the world go around. Well maybe not governments but programmers :)

No, I know myself. I need to put up something I don't want to or think is ready. This way I will go nuts trying to get features on in the hour here and there I will have. Now I have roughly 40 hours plus a week to work on it which ends in 8 days.

Nice, we will then get more messages from you ;)

BTW from my own experience: if you wait till all is perfect you may end up never releasing anything. My usual way to do is try to come up quickly with something of a nice quality but maybe not finished, and then improve over time. It as also the advantage that your players / users may see the progress going on and actually love the game more for that and keep coming to see yet more updates.

If I would have waited till NWE was perfect you would not even have seen it till now ;)

For NEaB (my own web game) I released it after 3-4 months and then went forward adding & improving features for about 5 years!