MakeWebGames

NWE vs Others

gmoore

I know there will be some comment here but ...

As a new NWE owner / lover. I wanted to know what you think our strengths and weaknesses are vs the other systems on this board. I really don't have time to look at all the mccodes forums but I did look at it before buying and honestly this look better even with only a year of development time.

Now that I look under the hood, even better. Very modifyable and (okay Alain don't read) an honest to goodness helpful owner of the system. Even to the point of considering major changes based on my comments, which blows me away.

So, I bet many of you have worked with the others. What am I winning and loosing.

Thank you!

Greg

Did not think you where moving away.

That comparison is the quickest want to get an overview, unless there is corruptZion and Alain wrote the comparison :)

Annoys me that I cant find the thread about the list, might be a newer version, and further details in the thread. Someone is bound to know about the thread though

Yeah he looks sorta out of it, he had just had his treats. He is a happy cat :)

The second link is a discussion of the comparison that is in the first link. I will not post my opinions on the other engines, as it will result in no good. As djkenna posted in that thread "Let the flame war/favoritism comments commence".

This thread is a ticking bomb... Stepping slowly away :)

Yeah he looks sorta out of it, he had just had his treats. He is a happy cat :)

The second link is a discussion of the comparison that is in the first link. I will not post my opinions on the other engines, as it will result in no good. As djkenna posted in that thread "Let the flame war/favoritism comments commence".

This thread is a ticking bomb... Stepping slowly away :)

Threads like these, always end up being a ticking bomb.

Apparently a simple debate, can never be civil. :)

NWE: There's a few things I dislike (which is to be expected, one can never be totally happy with other peoples code, or their own most of the time), there's a few things a I really do like, it has awesome support, it's community support isn't as wide-spread as other engines out there, but only time and adoption rate will change that.

In my opinion, if I were to ever want a game, and use an engine for it, NWE would be my first choice. (and more than likely the only choice)

Other Engines: MCCodes has the community support (additional mods aplenty), however direct-from-source support is severely lacking (they're apparently better when you go out your way to contact them). It does have some form of ease of use, that makes it somewhat appealing to new comers, though at times I see that within the other engines.

EzRPG isn't to bad, though there's no official support (besides one helpful dude, maintaining it), and it's second revision is afaik on hold.

GL: No idea, it's somewhat dead in the water, though Dayo (on here) may be still doing something with it/maintaining it.

GRPG: Dead.