MakeWebGames

Looking for a Partner

Frosty

Hi,

I'm looking for a Partner who would work with me on WarDistrict

A lot of work has already been put into the site and a few custom mods have been created for it.

You will not be expected to put any money into the project licenses/hosting as that will be payed for.

The Roles will be split:

Myself:

Funding the Project

Marketing/Advertising

Managing the Game (Game Admin)

Brain Storming for Ideas on how to improve the game.

Partner:

Coding new features for the game

Managing the Game (Game Admin)

Brain Storming for Ideas on how to improve the game.

The game ideology is based on fairness, so no modification that could give paying members a great advantage over non-paying members, i.e. no will potions/health potions ect... It would be a credit based system by which a user can purchase 100 credits ($1) and certain in-game items will cost i.e. $10,000 Game Cash & 30 Credits ect... The game is currently running mccodes and has a custom template which was bought from Razor42 and made by Peter.

What i am offering is a 40% stake in the game but 35% of Net Profit.

Game will be registered once there is a need for it (Breached threshold).

You will own 40% of the Game but only receive 35% of the Net Profit, if the game is sold you would receive 40% of the sale price.

What i have to offer in this project:

I have vast knowledge & experience in marketing/advertising and i have quite a few contacts who own mmorpg top sites and game client server networks (you join the network to play vs people) I am also creative and unique when it comes to ideas but i also use whats already out there and proven to work. I also have funds to cover all planned expenses.

What i require from my Partner:

Competent person who enjoys gaming and is a gifted coder who is familiar in PHP/MySQL/AJAX/jQuery, preferably has knowledge in Photoshop and can design. I also prefer someone who lives in the UK for Company Registration purposes but this is not essential. This person must be able to commit a minimum of ~16 hours a week to this project.

Just to make this clear this is unrelated to the other Game Project which i am working on.

Hang on, are you sure that template was made by Peter, it looks very common, doesn't look like his work to me, I probably am wrong though.

Yeah I couldn't see it being that though Dave. Strange aswell that the games ideology is based on fairness ;)

Original template made by Peter, edited by me. The login is most probably common as it's a free login here on MWG.

The reason Why 40% Ownership but 35% of net profit is because if the site is sold the coders actual work would be getting sold as well so they deserve a little extra for their work being sold.

The reason why it's based on fairness is because i see a tonne of people leave crap games who offer "will potions" "energy potions" in unlimited quantities if the user has $$ which basically means if your rich you get a very good head start and because of that a lot of players leave as they simply can not compete with paying players and if they leave paying players will find the game boring, I hope i made sense :p

Original template made by Peter, edited by me. The login is most probably common as it's a free login here on MWG.

The reason Why 40% Ownership but 35% of net profit is because if the site is sold the coders actual work would be getting sold as well so they deserve a little extra for their work being sold.

The reason why it's based on fairness is because i see a tonne of people leave crap games who offer "will potions" "energy potions" in unlimited quantities if the user has $$ which basically means if your rich you get a very good head start and because of that a lot of players leave as they simply can not compete with paying players and if they leave paying players will find the game boring, I hope i made sense :p

Sorry, that doesn't really explain it for me. Let's start out with one at at time, why 40% ownership, why are we not 50/50 partners, why when I'm doing all the development am I only getting 40% of the game, that means you get 60 right, so if you want to sell, and I don't, we have to, why do you get majority ownership, when the coder could make it themselves?

A Coder can code a game, it does not mean they are able to promote it effectively and that is what I bring to the table, my experience and contacts.

If they could do it all themselves then they would not be interested in this offer now would they?

50/50 Partners would be if we both put in half the money each he does coding I do marketing.

The Coder is offering:

Coding experience

I am Offering:

Funding the Project (Scripts/Licenses/hosting/advertising)

Marketing experience worth 5 Years + Contacts

• 1 month later...