MakeWebGames

Array Issue

NationGamer

ok just to explain ive made an array of white listed websites and ive listed them without http:// or a TLD at the end just the name i have tried preg match to try this but cant get my head around it the thing i want to do is add a wildcard kind of statement that lets the url be accepted if it includes something in the array so here is what i have so far

ive shortened the code alot as it is a list

$whitelist = array(
'facebook',
       'google');

$url = sanitize($_GET['iurl']);
$url = $url;
if (in_array($url, $whitelist)): ?>
       Please wait while you are redirected to <?php echo $url ?>
<?php else: ?>
Url has been blocked
<? phpendif; ?>	

i just need someway for like a wildcard to check the array and if something matches with the array that is passed then it lets the url be accepted

just to explain more if you didnt understand i want to accept any url that matches with the array so it recognizes all TLD's after the array

so for example if the user inputs google.com it will take it out the array and match the google part of it and accept it is in the white list and also will accept any subdomains owned by the domain in the array

Edited by NationGamer

I only want this for Bbcode to stop advertising im building a white list instead of a black list much easier it is just for a redirection script so when user clicks link posted by other user in forum etc they are redirected to the other site but first going though this check dont use any db it a standalone and yes maybe a user could do what you say but it wont effect my site just an extra barrier for advertisers to get past and most of them are stupid so wont be that smart lol

Edited by NationGamer

I only want this for Bbcode to stop advertising im building a white list instead of a black list much easier it is just for a redirection script so when user clicks link posted by other user in forum etc they are redirected to the other site but first going though this check dont use any db it a standalone and yes maybe a user could do what you say but it wont effect my site just an extra barrier for advertisers to get past and most of them are stupid so wont be that smart lol

Not really a barrier, if you do what a_b said and they do that URL then its the same barrier as letting the user through a whitelisted site as your going through the same redirect part? You want a strict whitelist.

Check if http:// www. .com .net .co.uk .org and so on exist but even then it could be easily circumvented.

Easiest way I have found to combat this kind of thing is player moderators who keep an eye on forums and mail in game and delete as required.

yh but what happens if all moderators are offline its gonna be a free for all so a backup system will help with that as i have 8 staff altogether all from different timezones but still dont guarantee one of them will be on so posts could be sitting there for a couple of hours thats why i want an extra barrier

and ive figured it out now works good and also thanks a_bertrand that helped

Edited by NationGamer