MakeWebGames

What will be in 1.1.1

a_bertrand

Beside being a nice number for a version (right?), here is the planned features for 1.1.1:

A reworked (yet not fully finished) combat screen:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517[/ATTACH]

Health and energy will be display on bars on the sides, and only the last action appears in the top right corner. It should make the combat look better.

This is valid only for the normal turn based combat, not the one click combat which basically remains the same.

I want also to introduce some variety in the weapons, not sure if we will see it in this version or not.

Another point is the message system which now allows to multi-select (or select all) the messages and delete them. Only messages which are not both new and with an attachment can be deleted. Messages with an attachment will have a small icon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518[/ATTACH]

Also, arenas and training will be location aware. If I have time I will also improve the training module.

So overall this version 1.1.1 is an improvement of the existing modules without bringing yet new modules it should still improve the overall quality. Planned release is the 16th July if everything goes smooth.

combat.jpg.eb820558d5d8fef57af7197d0d52075b.jpg

messages.jpg.f39319a723f830f4483169d6fe177c18.jpg

- Messages can now contain a request of money as well as sending money. (Was possible but it wasn't visible)

- Trainings can have a display condition (to show per location for example)

- Combat arena can have a display condition (to show per location for example)

- Trainings can have multiple sessions to get the desired training and therefore takes time to archive.

- Game can be locked by admins, and then only admins can log in. (New module game_lock for that)

- New module works which let players gain some money, and takes some time to do.

Quick questions:

Would you like to have a flood control? For example, if a player load pages too quickly (like X page in Y sec), the module will block a user for a given time. That could be a quick bot prevention without yet adding captcha everywhere.

- Flood control is implemented. You can define how many page loads in how much time is considered flood. If somebody reach that point, the session is killed, and the account locked for 15 min. Of course you may define the different parameters yourself via the admin panel.

- A new "works" module has been implemented which let players get money after some time.

- A new "Scan hooks" module has been implemented which let you see what kind of hook files the engine / modules may accept and who implement them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529[/ATTACH]

I had to code such tool, as I was wondering which modules was implementing a given hook. I think this could be helpful to all modules developers and therefore it will later on included in the dev version as well.

I have another question for you guys. Would you like to have a smarter text editor for messages and forum posts, maybe not directly wysiwyg even if that could be done, but at least with toolbar for bold, color and others. Let me know what you think.

hook_scan.jpg.b61b2c08289417670906184611d19110.jpg

for sure it will not allow all the HTML, more likely only bold, color and such. Even image attachments are something I don't like much as you could trigger all sort of odd effects / hacks. Yet just for bold, color and maybe font size, do we such editor? Not sure. In any case if I implement it, it will be as module and you can have it or not as your will.