MakeWebGames

Free 3D tools (limited time?)

a_bertrand

Act fast, I don't know how long it will last, but you can download free tools here:

http://www.daz3d.com/products/?home_k_btn=sidekick

Fantastic looking tools! I've started downloading them but due to a slow internet connection they shall take an hour to finish (excluding install time). I'm surprised, and slightly concerned about the 'free' aspect of it... may just be me but a company doesn't give away something, and especially not something worth so much, for free without some kind of draw back.

I shall download them anyway and see what happens, brilliant find and thanks for sharing a_bertrand.

Edited by Octet

The usually give it free for a couple of reasons:

- Next release shall come and you will have to pay the full entry price to buy it (therefore if you liked the old you may want to pay for the new)

- They stop the business and give away their discontinued products

- They offer a free version, and then "add ons" needs to be payed to be really productive.

I don't know the reason behind those free offers, but anyhow, if you like them, it's all good.

I'm surprised, and slightly concerned about the 'free' aspect of it... may just be me but a company doesn't give away something, and especially not something worth so much, for free without some kind of draw back.

Well the last time they gave away a free copy of the Daz 4, was 'Black Friday'

Now to the best of my recolection, they gave away free copies of Daz 3, either shorly before or after the release of 4.

If you use software like Daz, generally speaking at one time or another you'll find yourself in their marketplace, buying new models, clothes etc so there's still some income coming from there.

To add: More than likely to make the most of Daz, you'll be at the marketplace.