MakeWebGames

Improve PHP performance with .NET

rulerofzu

I really dont think the intention is for anyone to go down that route but to merely shove it in PHP's core developers faces saying well shouldnt you improve the performance in PHP 6 by looking at the points raised here.

Im always interested in slightly improving the performance of the entire system so I found it interesting.

Don't know ruler, some times ago I saw an article about a "compiler" for PHP which was actually producing C code which could be then truly compiled. One of those was used at facebook, as they where facing (of course) performance issues. Now, why would you use PHP at first? Simply because your old code was? Maybe it's time to re-develop a new version of your site if you are facing such issues and PHP doesn't handle it anymore.

For the PHP 6 argument you gave, yes could be something, but honestly I don't know how much they will be able to squeeze out more performances, I mean, it's the whole concept which doesn't work and not simply a parser, so you would need to change quiet radically the architecture to be able to get more performances out of PHP. And I doubt this would fit most users needs. Companies which require high performances don't use PHP already, therefore remains only the medium to small business which normally don't face the issue.

• 11 months later...