MakeWebGames

Installation Issues

mystik1

I bought 2.5 today, and when installing, this is shown:

Write Config...

Warning: fopen(./Global/config.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 431

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 443

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 444

Config written.

Attempting DB connection

Connection Successful.

Writing Main MySQL data.

Main MySQL data was written.

Now write Extra MySQL data.

Write slogin...

Warning: fopen(Mods/slogin.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 517

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 559

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/mafiasty/public_html/installer.php on line 560

Do I need to be concerned about this? I know most "warnings", you can usually ignore, but I wanted to be sure I am not going to have problems since the access denied seemed troublesome. If so, what should I do to resolve? Thanks much in advance!

Update: Actually, looks like there are indeed issues. When I navigate to the URL, I get this:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/mafiasty/public_html/class/class_db_mysql.php on line 48

FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO))

No, warnings are a good indicator that the script is malfunctioning(executing not as defined).

failed to open stream: Permission denied

That usually means you have not set the correct permissions to the file mentioned.

A good permission set for most files being read & executed(like .php), are 0755. To make it writable, you will need to set the permissions to 0777.

Please contact your host for assistance with this.

The second error:

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Now this could mean a few things.

1. The config file isn't readable. (permisions, nonexistant, etc.)

2. The config file isn't being included. (again, permisions, nonexistant, etc. | PHP's default mysql auth is user:root & pwd:null)

3. The config file is not configured to the correct mysql auth values.

I would suggest you contact your host to either find these values, or have them set it up.

Thanks much for the reply and comments. I notice also that the staff login does not work, even though I am definitely using the same password specified during installation. I am guessing that this must be related to the above. I am following up as you suggested.

Yes it is related and to be honest the fwrite part of the installation is a stupid idea. Its one of those moments where someone sat there thinking I could code it to work like this aint I clever!!

Check with your host as some will not allow fwrite. Which is what McCodes staff really did not consider.

Yes it is related and to be honest the fwrite part of the installation is a stupid idea. Its one of those moments where someone sat there thinking I could code it to work like this aint I clever!!

Check with your host as some will not allow fwrite. Which is what McCodes staff really did not consider.

The file pointer method is actually good, but the way MCC uses it isn't. The least they could have do is checking permisions.

It's the basic story line of MCCodes: "let's see how fast we can do this".