MakeWebGames

Begginer Layout

junz

Hey people :D, i am here to present to you one of my first website template i know its shitty but just be honest and give me good feedback ;)

Template Picture : http://i55.tinypic.com/10icwfp.jpg

Psd file : http://www.mediafire.com/?wk9tj1z741xprra

Thanks for reading ;)

Please try not to use excessive profanity, especially in the titles for your thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay junz here's the deal. Before you start creating web templates or anything of that scale for that matter, you must learn the basics of photoshop or gimp or whatever program you use to design. Everything is flat and plain and just thrown on top of each other. I suggest you mess around with your layer styles to get a better depth between text boxes and objects just laying on or behind things. As Tezza' said, the text is quite hard to read just gray on gray so get that changed as well. Maybe put a border around the gray boxes to add some separation between them. The "Game name" banner is quite plain and basic, try adding more detail to make the text fit the template instead of just white. Create buttons for the links to things to sit on; There's just words without separation right on the navbar and even where it says "Click here to mail..."

And after all of that try to work on the flow of the template; i.e. think of things like if you were the player how would you want the layout to look and what types of things would draw your attention to joining and playing the game?