MakeWebGames

[v1] Maximum Users Online Counter

oxidati0n

Try this

Execute SQL

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Add in header.php

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Then add in login.php where you want

I've used that so theres a chance of it working 99.999%

Re: [v1] Maximum Users Online Counter

gd mod mate was trying to make this a couple of days agi never got to completing it as other issues arrised anyways jsut a few tweaks and added it to my v2 game and it works great thanx

might be a good idea on places to add the code as in some places where i added it it came up with an error.

+1 for you. lol

• 1 month later...

It is not too bright putting something like that in header.php to load every pageload. Sure it is the most accurate but it is going to kill your processing speed if you game has even a medium sized playerbase. Either run on secondary page, or even run in the 5 minute cron.

Well I personally would put it in a 5 minute cron, I dont care if my 'record' is potentially 2-3 players lower than actual. I was trying to think of a secondary page but could not come up with a great option.

Even if you put it under Explore, at least it wouldnt be ran every single time someone loads a page. On an active game, you could probably even put it under the bank page.

Some may think I am just being an ass when I make comments like the one above, but I have spent a fair amount of time optimizing the processing of my game with terrific results.

Well I personally would put it in a 5 minute cron, I dont care if my 'record' is potentially 2-3 players lower than actual. I was trying to think of a secondary page but could not come up with a great option.

Even if you put it under Explore, at least it wouldnt be ran every single time someone loads a page. On an active game, you could probably even put it under the bank page.

Some may think I am just being an ass when I make comments like the one above, but I have spent a fair amount of time optimizing the processing of my game with terrific results.

Your correct. You need to think about your server aswell, If your server doesn't stay sexy - It'll die up on you. So keep it sexy.

5 Minute Cron is a advantage but that does use up more proccesses, They advise Minute crons shouldn't be ran for several reasons. But at the end of the day, It's finer than header proccessing.

My Advice => Either "authenticate.php" (before header("");) or "loggedin.php" as everyone visits them pages.

Thanks for this oxi, Is another additional stat i can stick on my login.php.

And i took yours and UCC advice and put the mysql query code in the loggedin.php

No problem Isomerizer. As it's free code, You may do as you wish with it.

I made this modification!

I lent it to oxi.. :roll:

And i took yours and UCC advice and put the mysql query code in the loggedin.php

Your very funny .. Ferdi .. :P [He never made it, If your looking for FerdiMods - Try a Hardcore Warez site] :wink:

.. {Joke}

Your very funny .. Ferdi .. :P [He never made it, If your looking for FerdiMods - Try a Hardcore Warez site] :wink:

.. {Joke}

You will have to look in the archives..

• 1 year later...