MakeWebGames

Looking for quotes on a custom game from a reputable programmer

bobbylien

I'm looking to get a quote for programming a game from a reputable programmer. It's a fairly simple game and I could do it myself but I would like to get someone with some experience to code the core of this game. I'm a serious buyer with plenty of money available. I've got detailed plans for what I'm looking for and I'm just looking for someone to do the main programming. I will finish it and make it look nice.

I would rather not discuss the details of the game openly so please send me a message for details. All I will say is that it is something that has not been done before.

Hehehe, you can do it yourself but ask somebody else to do it? You have a lot of money? You don't want to share anything about it and yet expect some experienced programmer to contact you without any information? And on top of that you say "something not be done before"?

I don't believe much of what you said... but I wish you good luck. Just as an idea, count between 20$ and 100$ per hour for somebody with good skills.

It's completely text based and the programming required isn't too complicated compared to the stuff I've seen on this site. I've been involved with similar web games for over 4 years now and I've helped develop over a dozen. I've seen some work out and others fail. I'm looking to get a rough idea on a price so I can figure out if I want to code it myself. I'm dealing with a time issue. I co-own a business which doesn't leave me with enough time to finish this in the time frame I'd like to without subbing out some of the work. I've used subcontractors for programming before and I like to get an estimate of hours required and an hourly rate or a lump sum price. Do I need to post a picture of my money before you take me seriously? ;) I would just rather not talk about it on an open forum but if I have to do that before someone will even talk to me, let me know.

A_bertrand gave you a true post. A professional programmer will cost 20-100$ per hour. I would say what you are looking at is 10$ hour.You say hours required? How can someone say hours required when they have zero information about what they have to create given to them. If you co-own a business then would know that this is not the right to go about trying to hire someone...

My intention was to have a programmer contact me so we can discuss it. I'm trying to put myself in the programmer's shoes. I wouldn't want to give a price without having more information than I could reasonably post here.

If you do want a few serious quotes... just say what you need, plus any timeline you have / think is enough for what you need, wait for the quotes and discuss with potential "programmers" upon seeing their quotes. If you are waiting for a few programmers to contact you without the minimum knowledge on what is what... you will have a bad deal, no matter how good you think it comes. Also, some people around here tend to ask how much you can reach for something... that is also a no deal (means you can get cheaper and most likely better/similar quality work) :)

this is my personal opinion, not trying to reach anyone just in case! :)

Edited by Lithium

I cant wait for the responses to the above post

What a stupid and useless post.

BTW: My idea is for a mafia game that is better than all the rest. ;)

There are 1000s of mafia games, some are successful, many are not, the chances of your game becoming successful are very very slim.