MakeWebGames

I need some major help...

Zerk

OK guys, I'm in way over my head and have already paid for my 2.5 redux version and don't want to waste my money. Owning my own game has always been a dream of mine. I'm so very new to all this kind of stuff and completely don't know what I'm doing BUT I learn fast with baby steps :)

My question:

Would anyone be kind enough to help with setting my game up step by step with me?

What I've done so far:

*Uploaded my redux files into my cPanel

*Created my MySQL username and password

What I need help with:

*Everything else!

depending if you have them in a zip file, if you dont then yeah you upload them individually, zip all the files together then upload the zip and extract it,easier then doing each file individually.

mccodes comes with instructions how it should all be installed if i remember correctly.

Just don't add the db sqls manually, the installer does it automatically.

Edited by lucky3809

Mine came with no instructions at all :( I'm surprised I got this far honestly and I've gotten no help from support what so ever.

when I open installer.php I get this message

Not Found

The requested URL /installer.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Mine came with no instructions at all :( I'm surprised I got this far honestly and I've gotten no help from support what so ever.

when I open installer.php I get this message

Not Found

The requested URL /installer.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Make sure you have uploaded all the files first, then goto ...ect.com/installer.php

If you uploaded the files via zipped folder then extracted them it may have moved them to the the folder name of the zipped file in which case you will have to move the files to the public_html folder

An example in case you didn't understand.

You upload file name mccodes.zip to public_html,

path is now /home/public_html/mccodes.zip

You extract mccodes.zip,

The extracted path of mccodes.zip is now /home/public_html/mccodes/

You will now need to go into the mccodes folder and move the files to the public_html folder.

Hopefully that helped

@ bluegman991

you said ,"The extracted path of mccodes.zip is now /home/public_html/mccodes/"

That is if the main folder was called mccodes and he had all the files in it and zipped it

If he had a folder name mccodes and opened it and selected all the files and zipped them, they would been extracted the same as uploading them individually the only folder on his public_html would be the class one.

• 2 weeks later...