MakeWebGames

Changing Game Engines?

-BRAIDZ-

If you change to mccodes V2 then you wont lose anything other than the files. Therer may be some bugs doing it like this, but they should be fix able.

However if you change to a different engine you will lose EVERYTHING. Including the users.

Ok thanks champ, also what is the best free Game Engine too use?

All depends what YOU want to do with it. Some engines are good for RPG, some others for strategy etc... so you must define your requirements and then evaluate the engines depending on what you want to do. But I'm a guy which doubts that an engine will do the work for you and think that most of the time it's better to do all by yourself or use some framework to help you but not much more.

However if you change to a different engine you will lose EVERYTHING. Including the users.

Create a converter and you wont.

Im guessing your all forgetting about engines like EzRPG, or Zap, those two are miles better than mcc, GRPG, and proberly GL. It would honestly be better to use a custom engine, which would give you the best result for what you want.

Actually, as I said in another thread, you don’t have to lose all your users you can import them. Take for example money, both mccodes (well ravan in this case) has something equivalent. Stats I believe are in the same position, different names, but not a different concept for the engines. An import is always an option when changing to something like it...

If you have trouble you can always ask, but I don’t see why two very similar engines could not be compatible.