MakeWebGames

Inverness.biz Appraisal

Kieran-R

I recently registered Inverness.biz.

I'm looking for some honest valuations onto how much you think it's worth after reading the following notes:

- Inverness is a medium sized city in Scotland witch is a popular tourist destination.

- Consider that almost all other TLD's are registered for 'Inverness(.)'.

Actually, I registered it only 2 days after it was deleted...

I use domain software to keep an eye on quality expiring domain names.

Its worth the domain registration cost. In fact if you can get a renewal cheaper elsewhere then its worth less than you paid for it.

Thats completely wrong. Ive sold many domain names before less quality than this for a lot more than the registration cost.

Im not 'advertising the sale' here. I have my own places where I will advertise if I wabt to sell a domain. However im just looking for some opinions on how much you think this domain is worth. The fact that its a one word city name, it changes a lot of factors than what im used too.

Mabe this is the wrong place - esspecially if you believe its worth the registration cost. But im here for your opinions, and thats what you gave me. :)

Honestly, as I already said somewhere else, domains are not all that much important. People will not look for something just by it's name beside for example if you you know the company name and then you look for it by adding a .com beside this single case, most of the time people will use a search engine to find your site or some link from other sites. So if you are the kind of people which think that a domain is worth millions, then sorry I'm from another opinion.

Honestly, as I already said somewhere else, domains are not all that much important. People will not look for something just by it's name beside for example if you you know the company name and then you look for it by adding a .com beside this single case, most of the time people will use a search engine to find your site or some link from other sites. So if you are the kind of people which think that a domain is worth millions, then sorry I'm from another opinion.

You would be surprised to how much domains are worth to domain resellers... I know it's not worth millions - but if a domains pretty much sold out TLD's, and there's a pretty decent demand for the domain name, then they will buy it. I've sold plenty of domain names before to domain resellers, and I have plenty more to sell. But I was just looking for a suggestion to how much this kind of domain is worth. Ive never sold a domain with the kind of 'one word' 'city name' type.

Now please, domain valuations only.

Guest LostOne

I think your best bet would be to ask this question on a site that deals with this kind of thing on a daily basis.

Let's be realistic - with this being a gaming forums, domains are not worth alot because a game name can be changed within 10 minutes with photoshop and a text editor.

biz domain values are pretty low. So I doubt it has any great resell value here... again as anything, the value of something is the exact price of what a buyer is willing to pay for it. For example, a painting can worth a lot of money... only if somebody is liking it enough to pay for that.