• Text RPG
    • Graphics RPG
    • Text strategic / building
    • Graphic strategic / building
    • War game
    • Puzzle based
    • Fanta-sport
    • I don't like games

I like strategy games with graphics, they prove to be very intriguing and entertaining. I love training the mind to think. I normally don't play games at all, too busy with school work, client work and intern. However, if I am going to play a game it would be something that makes me think as I would get way to bored if it's just some normal shoot up game or just small text based game. That is my view. Though I am tend to hard to please with games, that is why I say never one of my past games were that well was because I wasn't too excited about the gameplay of it.

I'm surprised (or not that much) that most of you answered "text RPG" as game of choice. Not that much surprised because I was expecting that you would answer the kind of game you developed / want to develop. Surprised because I'm sure that most of you played / play other kind of games, like console games which are certainly not "text RPG".

Finally, I wonder how many of you really know what an text RPG is.... For me McCode games are normally NOT rpg games ;)

For me a text RPG is more like:

http://www.ishar.com/

or

http://www.sryth.com/

why? Because to be an RPG you must have stats, battles, quests, plot / story. McCode based games normally don't have the plot / story side... which make them more like strategic games than RPG

Seems a lot of fun... even if text rpg are not anymore my kind ;)

It's generally not my thing either, however growing up around the novels, and enjoying them mostly, makes that game enjoyable for me.

The main thing that attracts me to that type of game, it's a story, and as you progress throughout, so does the story I think that's the main thing the games we find on here lack.