Sign in to follow this  
galdikas

iframe help

I have created this app for viewing some stuff like announcements on main page. You can see it at http://www.galdikasproject.com

So to display the actual announcement i used iframe, just incase if actuall announcement is larger than the height of app, it would just add a scroll bar.

So problem is, that in IE, even if scroll bar doest appear, instead of empty space there is white stripe. Any way to color that white stripe so it is the same collor as the rest of the background????

ive never liked iframe have you thought of using something like this

echo '<div style="height:100px; width:100px; overflow:auto;">'; include 'page.php'; echo '</div>';

so this would basically do the same thing???

I should of posted here before I did all the thing.. I knew I will run in to some sort of problem with iframe lol well hopefully will not take ling to change :)

well its not exactly the same as in a iframe if you click a link it will load within the iframe

yeah that is what I want to achieve... I changed to thing with divs.. And instead of it appearing on the same page, i get redirected to new page..

Not sure what else to try... Probably instead of including a file that fetches the announcements I will put the code in the index file, I imagine tha should work alright.

So should iframe be avoided generally? Or is there some very specific use for it?

The project is looking very good :) Well done galdikas, you've definitely improved it since my last visit, keep up the good work :)