MakeWebGames

Installation problems

piskota_TNT

Dear MWG community,

before I decided to make a thread about my problem, I have spent at least 2 hours on searching for my specific problem, but found none.

I have been hired to help a person set up an game online, complete newby, but has a lot of cash. He has V2.0 McCodes and as I am completely new to this type of game engine. However from reading, I am thinking that he downloaded the code, but nevertheless, I will ask of him to purchase the legit copy from the website, as I am really strict in keeping everything I have or work with legit.

The problem occurs when I try to install it on xampp on this bloody win 7 - I get the following.

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 6

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 14

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 18

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 24

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 24

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 6

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 14

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 18

Write Config...

Config written.

Attempting DB connection

Connection Successful.

Writing Main MySQL data.

Main MySQL data was written.

Now write Extra MySQL data.

Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR in C\:.................................................\installer.php on line 487

Notice: Undefined index: a_gender in C:\.................................................\installer.php on line 490

Installation Complete!

And after which I get crone job info.

edit: I can login somehow and register and access everything, but I get these errors now everywhere I go

Undefined index: pad in C:....................................................................\staff.php on line 201 etc (where taff.php changes when changing the page respectively)

Thank you in advance,

Piskota

I have been hired to help a person set up an game online, complete newby, but has a lot of cash. He has V2.0 McCodes and as I am completely new to this type of game engine.
As I have mentioned, I have not done any transactions, I have just been payed to install the game by that guy, nothing more to it :/

I will probably end up returning that stuff to him, as I don't want to have anything to do with piracy or anything close to that

It's because well, MCC v2.02 isn't exactly up-to date.

The above 'error' isn't actually an error, just a notice. The script will run as expected, for the most part, the only downfall is that annoying message.

You are able to turn of those notices either via the script itself or your php.ini file.

Note: MCC v2.03 is the same in most places.

I just noticed though that HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR isn't in installer.php and hasn't for afew version i think...

staff.php line 201 is a echo and the above doesn't seem to be a issue either

I would suggesting deleting the entire copy from server and pc and redownloading from mccodes.com

The files are not the problem, the problem is the one who uploaded them to the server,didnt upload them correctly, and or is using invalid mccodes that aren't a legal copy... just saying...

This isn't correct, take note of "The problem occurs when I try to install it on xampp on this bloody win 7 - I get the following."

Xampp has display errors on by default, load any version of MCC lite/v1/v2 on Xampp, Wamp, Mamp etc you will get undefined notices everywhere, maybe someone should use isset() accordingly.

I just noticed though that HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR isn't in installer.php and hasn't for afew version i think...

staff.php line 201 is a echo and the above doesn't seem to be a issue either

I would suggesting deleting the entire copy from server and pc and redownloading from mccodes.com

The HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR was last in V2.01/ (two patches ago).

Does there happen to be a $_GET['pad'] or $_REQUEST['pad'] in there?

Anyway the solution, turn off display errors in Xampp (under PHP settings or PHP ini), or upload it to your normal web server/hosting and you won't see those undefined index notices.