MakeWebGames

DIV Tags

ashbow97

Hey :) This isn't game related, so sorry if I'm not supposed to post here, but I need some help and it is relevant to HTML and this is one of the most helpful forums xD

So, as you can guess from the title, I need a bit of help with my DIV tags on a site that my school asked me to build. Here is what the header looks like at the moment:

Header Image

As you can see, the menu bar is really messed up. What I want is for the 'Home' button to be right next to the 'Left Box' thing. But both of these are DIV images and they have been set as the background... and I have no idea how to put them side by side :) These are the two DIV:

<div id="Left"></div>
<div id="Home"></div>

What I would normally do is sent one long div, call it like <div id="menu"></div> and then place the links inside their that way if they don't load or is slow you don't see the background that is just white or looks all mismatched.

Plus it is nice and easy for space and labeling to do one background hover design and then do text over it. That way all you have to do is set the background design to a <a href=""> link and then it will always show for any link that is an a on that menu