MakeWebGames

[In-Depth Review] Nowhere else and beyond

Alex Riley

The Apprentice - Alex Riley is here again; Changing the gaming world one review at a time.

Thankyou to a_bertrand for letting me do this review on his awesome game.

So... let's get down to buisness.

Game Name: Nowhere else and beyond

Game URL: http://us.nowhere-else.org or http://en.nowhere-else.org

Game Owner(s): a_bertrand

These reviews as always are going to be split up into 5 different sections, these are as follows;

- Login/Register (Easy sign-up, Layouts, What could be improved, What i personally like)

- Logging In (Logging in for the first time, Information provided on game)

- Exploring the game (Are things easily found, Are things made clearer, Layout of the game)

- Staff (Are the staff friendly, How do they help, Different staff roles)

- Misc Information (Game statistics and a general overview of the games userbase, Key feautres)

Okay, so i've never reviewd a game like this before, but i'll give it my best shot.

Login/Register:

One word, Impressive... now considering i didn't know alot about this game, the login taught me everything i may need to know, it is informal and staright to the point and that in my opinion is the ideal login page, not only that several screenshots have been added to the login page to show the users just what this game is about, again another thing that really impresses me, The register page you actually have to accept terms and conditions, THANK GOD! someone on here actually wants to inform the the user of their rules before they sign up and don't care reading the in-game rules. Going back to the home page there is more information i missed out in the form of user statisitcs, i ramble on about this but i like the competative edge this adds to any game. Registering couldn't be easier you actually register inside the game which i think is an asweome feature.

In closing i would give the login and register an impressive 9/10.

Logging In:

Now, i get a sudden Runescape feel when i logged on, and i'm not a fan of runescape, but however this doesn't mean the Review is going to be biased, as i dont know about these types of games the things i say will be limited, however when you login you are greeted with a loading screen and you are on your way, it's basically a point and click move game, which i think is very well thought out, the graphics for the game look really impressive and it doesn't look to complicated. The information is provided and very well, when you hover over something a brief description will pop up containing what this is for and usually how it is used. I have noticed also you can use your arrow keys to navigate your character, another amazing feature and i really enjoy this one, sometimes in my opinion using the mouse is way to much effort

So logging in i'm going to give a 8/10

Exploring the game:

Exploring the game is really easy, if you have played games like Runescape fine, you'll get used to this quicker than others, if not i still think it can be picked up, i would provide more information on the game and how to play sooner in the game however but thats just personal preference, i'd maybe add NPC's in the house you start in that will tell you things that may help you before you go on in-game. Everything is easily found with a simple mouse over and as i've said a pop up box appears, point and click isn't really hard to grasp the concept of.

Overall the exploring of the game is relativly good and i am fairly impressed so i'm giving a 9/10

Staff:

Staff isn't viasable in this, as i don't know any of the staff members.

Misc Information:

I don't really like games like these however i have been converted i think i could play this game more regularly, i enjoy text based games but this is pretty impressive and it's always nice to have a change in scenery.

So in closing im going to give NEaB a 8/10 rating this is partly because i don't like games like this but considering what i've seen with other games compared to this, sometimes theres just no comparrison and with NEaB there are no close contenders.

As always... The Apprentice - Alex Riley

Couple of additional information:

- Staff list can be found from our about page as well as from the wiki help site.

- You may chat with some of the mods / admins within the game chat (which will not block you from playing) at any time as we normally have at least always one mod online (or at least we tried to get such schedules).

- Inside the inventory you find an "activity leaflet" which let you know most if not all what is possible to do in the game.

- For those which do not even manage to fulfill the tutorial we have a step by step walk-through in our wiki: http://wiki.nowhere-else.org/wiki/Step_by_step_guide_to_start

- If you need to share info, ask more complex things you can also use our forums.

- The game name is still NEaB and not something else ;)

Now, comparing NEaB to Runescape is correct and as well incorrect:

- Both are true RPG in the sense where you play the role of somebody else, with quests, missions, stories etc.

- Both are graphical however Runescape is a 3D top view where we do have 2D art old fashion way (no we don't want to change it).

- Runescape is limiting free play as you can't play some areas of the game if you don't pay. In NEaB you can do ALL without paying.

- Runescape maps and stories are staff produced, inside NEaB any player can create his/her own stories and maps and let other play them.

Anyhow, thanks for your review I was expecting a bit more negative review than this as I was already expecting that this was not your kind of game ;)