MakeWebGames

[In-Depth Review] Dead Land

Alex Riley

Hey all... Once again coming at you with another wonderful game that i have to disect and analyse. Enjoy.

Game Name: Dead Lands

Game URL: http://www.deadland.net

Game Owner(s): SilvaTungDevil

These reviews as always are going to be split up into 5 different sections, these are as follows;

- Login/Register (Easy sign-up, Layouts, What could be improved, What i personally like)

- Logging In (Logging in for the first time, Information provided on game)

- Exploring the game (Are things easily found, Are things made clearer, Layout of the game)

- Staff (Are the staff friendly, How do they help, Different staff roles)

- Misc Information (Game statistics and a general overview of the games userbase, Key feautres)

Okay, so upon being asked to do this review i was already going to do one anyway because i just loved this game and the layout, and everything associated with it. Usually i wouldn't play games like this or Prison Struggle, but i never really gave them a chance and exploring a little around this game has made me realise how good these games can actually be.

Login/Register:

Now this is probably my favouirte area of the whole game, it is clean coding no doubt about it but the images work with the game, i love it when a game has images instead of a boring blank canvas with pointless bright colors. This is clearly where the coding team and design team have shown there knowledge and really pulled through. I love this login page and everything about it.

The register page, well you could call it a page, it isn't actually a page it's just a pop-up on the login screen, this is an amazing idea for a register page why waste going to a new php page when you can stay on the same one and do everything that you need to do, the signing up is quite easy no email verification needed and just like that with a smile on my face i was on my way to explore the world of Dead Land.

The login and register pages are getting a 9/10 ... Good work.

Logging In:

Upon logging in i realised i was in unfamiliar territory, I knew right away that this wasn't what i was used to however, when i looked passed the fact that i didn't like this game style i decided to give it a try and believe it or not it was easier than i thought, i mean i don't know what i didn't like in the first place, maybe because i wasn't used to it but anyway, logging in i didn't recieve a message but with these games i don't think you need a message to tell you what to do, It's pretty much the same old, do crimes, train at the gym, become the best kinda' thing so i can let them off the hook, a welcoming commite would've been nice but there again no one has ever welcomed me to a game the way i expect the to you know party, girls, cake that kinda' thing. Anyway back on topic, i really like the game inside and outside, it is very clean and well designed, everything is clearly infront of you and easy to find.

The logging in section of this game recives a generous: 8/10

Exploring:

Now i thought with these games everything would be all over the show and i wouldnt be able to find anything, well thats obviously not the case, this game has everything set out for you, i love the overall layout of this game and everything as i have said is so easily found, There are a lot of things i would change, but thats just my personal preference the overall fact of the matter is it works for the game, and saying that actually i don't think i'd change major things about this game.

For the exploring i'm going to give a 8/10

Staff:

I've had the chance to speak with the owner of the game and thats about it, i can't say much about the staff but if the staff follow the firm example that the owner sets then i'm sure the staff team of dead land will be as fun and proffesional as possible, but because i have only just signed up i don't really have much to say about the staff aspect.

Misc Information:

This is the part where i ramble about stuff like the userbase ect...

So in just over 230 days the site has a userbase of just over 2090, i think this is a very good number to have and i can see from the bottom of the screen that today alone there have been 384 active users, which if you look at the sign ups doesnt do justice but at the same time it's quite a strong userbase.

The users of this game are very friendly and welcoming, Actually i would go as far as to say the most frindly group of users i have ever met on Text Based Games. i have been on the game nearly an hour and everyone has treated me very well, with various users asking me if i needed help, i'm going to have to say that i might stick around in Dead Land just abit longer than i had anticiapted. Well expect the unexpected, right?

Key Features:

- Medals .... (Why? ... Gives the user a sence of achivement)

- Top 5 Users In City .... (Why? ... Gives a more competative edge to the game)

- Lottery .... (Why? ... More than one way to earn money in the game)

So overall i'm going to say very good work from SilvaTung and i hope him all the best with his game, i'm also going to say well done to DJKanna who is one of the coders working on this amazing game, overall i rate it 9/10 ... keep up the good work

As always... The Apprentice - Alex Riley