MakeWebGames

Donate Page

There are a lot of factors to think about when using things like paypal Paypal isnt instant. Just because someone has purchased a DP from your game doesnt mean the transaction was successful a number of things can happen it usually takes paypal 3 - 4 days to ensure full payment from theirs to your account and inbetween it gives the Payee the option to opt out of the Transaction which leaves you with nothing.

Yes Instant exsists. I have it on my game. You will need to set up the IN so Paypal can talk to your server and know what to give the user. But as illusions said above. Anyone can opt out of their payment leaving you screwed whilst they get the benefit they did not pay for.
Not really, in my past games like Operation Jarhead and Final Crusader. We had it so we got the money right away but if they asked for the money back we would ban them. If it was an epayment then they wouldn't receive it we get the payment. So yes, there is a way to do it.

If you take a payment from someone with paypal and they have funds on their paypal account, your account receives it instantly. They can always do a chargeback or whatever(in which case you would ban them obviously), but in general the payments are instant. If they pay with e-check paypal wont send the notification to your ipn script until AFTER the payment clears(3-5 days). Unless the IPN is set up in some sort of retarded way in which it INSTANTLY gives it to them without checking if the payment cleared(which would defeat the process of IPN?), a correct IPN system will credit as soon as your paypal account receives funds.

Hope this clears things up.

• 2 weeks later...