MakeWebGames

jail.php bug

PrimeSuspect

Hello

I noticed tht if you are in jail you cant see display explore.php and many other files but if you write it to browser manually you can access the page.Players can use this bug easly.For example if im in jail for 40 minutes i travel during jail time so you can save your travel time or i can shopping etc...

How can i fix this bug for everypages?

Hey,

You could simply add this code to the top of the pages under globals that you want to hide while a player is in jail or the hospital :

if ($ir['jail'] OR $ir['hospital']) {
echo 'You cannot access this page while in jail or the hospital !';
exit;
}

But i would not recommend restricting many things from players while they are in the hospital or jail because then they wont have much to do during that time and will most likely look for entertainment elsewhere...lol

jailed players should NOT be allowed to play games, lol. if you game is possible to earn him/her money though. because he/she can make money while in jail, which is unfair.

people in jail should be unable to access any areas of the game,

except, for what I believe, these places:

1. Mailbox - (so he/she can message other players or friends to help with his/her current situation, also this is another way to contact any online staffs)

2. Preferences

3. Player Reports

4. Help Tutorials

5. Game Rules (this would be a good way for him/her to take time reading the game rules and realize what have he/she have done to be in jail)

6. My Profile

7. Logout

8. Contact (if available in your game) - this is like the play reports, but the message will go directly to the game's email, so he/she can maybe redeem him/herself on his situation.

i don't know if this is good or bad, but for me, i believe this would help to at least still get in touch with the jailed player.

everyone has their own justice you know. :) have pity. LOL

Adding Forums to the place he/she can get into is also okay too, in my point of view, but he/she can only be allowed to view it, meaning he/she can't post or make new topics if he/she is currently in jail.

I could be wrong here, but this is what I can think of now to be, at least, fair to the jailed players. :)

While that is a nice post Dibuk, 'jailed' here means when you fail a crime or something in game you get sent to jail (much like when you die you get sent to hospital)

If your fed-jailed you cannot do anything, as you are banned from the game. (:

Right on the money.

I re-structured my 'fed-jail' so that users are now 'frozen', its easier to distinguish between jail, frozen and banned in my opinion.

Frozen also makes more sense for the status of the user, not banned but not allowed to play temporarily.

As for the question the thread is related too you can either check each individual value or use an array.

Personally I prefer individual values as they are easier for things like gym.php which i still want my users to be able to use while in jail.

While that is a nice post Dibuk, 'jailed' here means when you fail a crime or something in game you get sent to jail (much like when you die you get sent to hospital)

If your fed-jailed you cannot do anything, as you are banned from the game. (:

Right on the money.

I re-structured my 'fed-jail' so that users are now 'frozen', its easier to distinguish between jail, frozen and banned in my opinion.

Frozen also makes more sense for the status of the user, not banned but not allowed to play temporarily.

As for the question the thread is related too you can either check each individual value or use an array.

Personally I prefer individual values as they are easier for things like gym.php which i still want my users to be able to use while in jail.

That's an interesting way to go about it, I like it.