MakeWebGames

I need crime success rate variable

katalin

i must be missing what you are asking here, do you want something that says "your have % chance of doing this crime"

<?php 
///do NOT use this it is a bad example 
$formula = 100 * 2 / 5; //change to your crime formula... 
echo "you have $formula% chance of doing this crime"; 
?>

and if your formula is in criminal.php pass it on to docrime or just have it in 2 files (as long as there the same)

edit - you could always post your page and explain a little more?

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

The success rate is determined by your will if you are using the default crime success rate.

I had something the same as this but removed it from my game...your welcome to change it to your likings;

$crimeforumula = (($ir['will']*0.8)/2.5)+($ir['level']/4);

if ($crimeforumula < 10) { $chancerank = "<span style='color:red'> VERY SLIM CHANCE </span>"; } else
if ($crimeforumula >= 10 AND $crimeforumula <= 25) {$chancerank = "<span style='color:red'> SLIM CHANCE </span>"; } else
if ($crimeforumula >= 25 AND $crimeforumula <= 50) {$chancerank = "<span style='color:green'>GOOD CHANCE</span>"; } else
if ($crimeforumula >= 50 AND $crimeforumula <= 75) {$chancerank = "<span style='color:green'>VERY GOOD CHANCE</span>"; } else
if ($crimeforumula >= 75 AND $crimeforumula <= 95) {$chancerank = "<span style='color:green'>GREAT CHANCE</span>"; } else
if ($crimeforumula > 95) { $chancerank = "<span style='color:orange'> EASY JOB </span>"; }

Then add a field in your crime table and add this variable to it : $chancerank

Hope that helps you some :)

Cheers