MakeWebGames

Weapons

ashbow97

Hello, I've only just started a game up, and need help with a lot of things but firstly this:

Right, I'm doing a Music based RPG game. I want to merge the weapons (Instrument) and Melee (Amplifier) together so they have a combined affect. So rather you can use one of the other, the power of the both is combined into one. So if the power of the instrument is 50 and the power of the amplifier is 50, the attack would have a total of 100 power (along with all the player's stats).

So that's the first thing I would like help with. The second is that (if it's possible) make it so that a certain instrument can't work with a certain amplifier. Example: You can't use a plain acoustic Violin with a Bass Amplifier... 1: because there is nowhere to connect the amplifier 2: because a bass amplifier is the wrong thing for even an electric violin. So if possible, able to make it that an amplifier can only work with certain instruments.

Thank you :) What would be AWESOME was to have someone to help me do the coding... I couldn't pay them though... but I would be very thankful! If anyone is interested in helping me do the coding, just say so ;)

in your Items SQL create a new field called combined

then you will need to alter your staff_items.php to also include an inputted combine number for the item that you want that one to combine to..

Example you make 3 new items called

Plectrum and String and Guitar

Give all the usual stats to each item

And when combined Gives Guitar+Plectrum+String + stats for each

No :S I'm using the lite version...

Is there any chance I can get your MSN address or something? Cus I have quite a few questions (and no, you won't be doing the site for me :P) I just want some help to learn this stuff because I'm finding it hard to find a place to start :)