MakeWebGames

Guide on seting up GRPG

SlanderDesign

Okay so you "obtained" the Generic RPG Engine.

Here is a quick guide on how to set it up.

First create a MySQL user and database.

on the MySQL page of your Cpanel it will say add database to user.

Add them together.

Go to Phpmyadmin on the Cpanel.

Import the SQL for GRPG.

Upload the files to your Root dictionary (extract if needed)

go to DBcon.php

add your MySQL username and password to the file & your database.

now go to your domain eg http://www.DomainNameHere.com.

If you get any errors at the top this is because you haven't changed the DBcon.php file.

to fix this go to the DBcon.php and make sure that is the username and password for MySQL user and also the correct database.

If you don't have any errors. go to phpmyadmin on Cpanel and click GRPGusers & empty it. (Yes even though no one is signed up)

Okay now you have done that register on your game. Login.

goto phpmydmin click GRPGusers, select your username and edit the admin field, it will auto be set to "0" change this to "1"

That will give you the control panel in game....

If all of that is done correct you can move on to the cron's.

The GRPG engine only uses 1 cron file (rollover.php)

On the Cron tab in Cpanel put "www.YourDamainHere.com/rollover.php" and set it to run at midnight!

Okay now your all set to start using your game!

Have fun any problems or errors mail me :)

You forgot to say about truncate table users becuase when you register sometimes, well this effecting me, but you need to clear the table after you have registered then register again and dont forget to change admin to 1 here are the full instructions,

Go through the step by step instructions with SlanderDesign and when you finish go back to your PHPMyAdmin so select your database that you have used and click on SQL and type in

[mysql]

TRUNCATE table grpgusers

[/mysql]

now register again and after you registered go back on to your database --> grpgusers --> your game username and change admin = 0 to admin = 1

thats all

its not that straight forward if you only just started learning MySQL but i sure for the quality coders like Pudda, MTG, and more.. im sure they understand

You forgot to say about truncate table users becuase when you register sometimes, well this effecting me, but you need to clear the table after you have registered then register again and dont forget to change admin to 1 here are the full instructions,

Go through the step by step instructions with SlanderDesign and when you finish go back to your PHPMyAdmin so select your database that you have used and click on SQL and type in

[mysql]

TRUNCATE table grpgusers

[/mysql]

now register again and after you registered go back on to your database --> grpgusers --> your game username and change admin = 0 to admin = 1

thats all

its not that straight forward if you only just started learning MySQL but i sure for the quality coders like Pudda, MTG, and more.. im sure they understand

Read it again....

If you don't have any errors. go to phpmyadmin on Cpanel and click GRPGusers & empty it. (Yes even though no one is signed up)