MakeWebGames

Session issue

chaoswar4u

In my attempt to reduce server load im now down to my last issue. I have a few things that are loaded via the header thus every page load a query is loaded per addional info.

I wanting to get this information updated via the use of sessions but unsure how to go about it.

Here is 1 or the queries that load.

$fivgz=$db->query("SELECT gangNAME, gangID FROM gangs ORDER BY gangRESPECT DESC LIMIT 3");

while($r=$db->fetch_row($fivgz))

{

print "[size=1]<a href='gangs.php?action=view&ID={$r['gangID']}'>{$r['gangNAME']}<a>

[/size]";[code]

Im still unsure if the limits regarding sessions and the like.

How would you session this. I have the updates part sorted as per the help from fbiss on a past post however im stuck on this. The main reason is the query pulling a limit 3. All my attempts have failed with just showing one session result and not the 3 that are required.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

you could do something like this

if (!isset($_SESSION['uGang'])) {
$fivgz=$db->query("SELECT gangNAME, gangID FROM gangs ORDER BY gangRESPECT DESC LIMIT 3");
{
$_SESSION['uGang'] = "[size="1"]<a href='gangs.php?action=view&ID={$r['gangID']}'>{$r['gangNAME']}<a>
[/size]";}
} else {echo $SESSION['uGANG'];}

this probly can be done a better (more secure way ... not sure im no hacker but your storing html data then echo'in it so i spose there is an issue there)

please note this may not work, i did itwhile on break at work on a dogey keyboard

try this then

$_SESSION['uGang']='';
{
$_SESSION['uGang'] =$_SESSION['uGang']."[size="1"]<a href='gangs.php?action=view&ID={$r['gangID']}'>{$r['gangNAME']}<a>
[/size]";}
} else {echo $_SESSION['uGANG'];}

try this then

$_SESSION['uGang']=''; 
{ 
$_SESSION['uGang'] =$_SESSION['uGang']."{$r['gangNAME']} 
";} 
} else {echo $_SESSION['uGANG'];}

thats going to make it never use the Session

Try this

if (empty($_SESSION['topgangs'])) {
$_SESSION['topgangs']=''; 
{ 
 $_SESSION['topgangs'].= "[size="1"]<a href='gangs.php?action=view&ID={$r['gangID']}'>{$r['gangNAME']}<a>[/size]
";
} 
} 
echo $_SESSION['topgangs'];