MakeWebGames

CitySlaves : Home made browser mmorpg

Gwink

Hi all,

we have finished our new RPG named CitySlaves, if you would like to to take a look your comments will be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Url : http://www.cityslaves.com

Theme : Futuristic city with cybernetics and dictatorship story background.

Registration needs no email so I don't think I need to provide a demo access :)

Launched publicly last week and testing traffic sources, actual amount of players : 300 registered and about 50 addicts so far.

Guest georgelink

I had a look at the game and it is good! There is just one thing, you took buildings from devana, thats a great idea, but all white? it looks a bit plain.

And also, the template looks more medivial then SCI-FI

Other then that, its a great game. I would surly play it if I wasn't working on anything so fare. Good luck on the Game, and welcome to MWG

Thanks for your feedback, I don't know Devana not sure to understand that part but I agree the city map could look a bit strange : Problem is we haven't really a good designer in our team so we have to deal with our actual skills :)

I will check if we could enhance the map anyway, could be something to work on yes

Hey

The game seems out of theme to me, the buildings look like a 'today' themed game. Maybe the future wont change that much (flying cars, neon lights covering buildings etc) buts thats what i think about when you said futuristic. Maybe iv been playing too much bioshock but thats what i think about (not saying that others think the same as me)

My eyes dont seem to know where to look, there is text everywhere with a whole lot of 'notes' makes it look untidy and distracts from the game.

Sorry if the review seems harsh but its not ment to be. Im sure the game has a good backend but to be the graphics/layout dont match.

I see your point yes, the story background isn't Sci-fi, just taking place in the future... I will perhaps remove "futuristic" from descriptions :)

The game engine has been seriously tested and working well even after months, it's bad if we lose players due to such first issues

and don't be sorry :D those comments are exactly what I need to enhance the game

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gwink, firstly, i would like to say, nice unique game you got their, some nice features and presented in a different manner to other games nowadays. Secondly, for me the way you have mixed simplicity with the detailed background doesn't work, because it starts to feel a bit odd in my point of view. Example : The Grey simple background on log in and the detailed background on the sides of that - the one that takes the majority of the space up. I think, they do not blend in together well, so that was the downside for me. On the whole, it's a nice unique approach to the game, with some unique and entertaining ideas, and we can clearly see you have put lots of effort into making it, so good job. I wish this game is a success for you, and if i can help you with anything let me know ;) .

Best Regards : Redex.

Hi, thanks a lot for your point of vue, all comments will help us for sure so just shoot :)

I'm not sure to understand what you are talking about when talking about detailed backgrounds...

You mean that background does not match at all with our dark grey used for game's table?

72.jpg

• 3 weeks later...