MakeWebGames

website with just HTML/CSS

Gucci Mane

I'm sorry for only answering half to your question, as I will not provide any links to any website. I hope this answer has any value to you as I feel I'm somewhat answering beside the question, but I thought it was better as nothing. If you want more info on this matter, let me know I can dig in a lot deeper and wider.

Almost every single website online, use html/css, except the few that only use flash. Any content presented towards a person, without html/css is just a white background with long boring text in it. You could open an empty text file, put in 1000s of words, and see what you have that's a website without html/css. Everything you see from colors, to positioning of elements, like text boxes, like urls, ... they all use html & css (these two are being processed by your browser to give it the nice looking effects). You just need it to make your website pretty. Languages like php, asp(x) ... only give you the possibility to use dynamic content, not how it looks. Look at this forum, it's all html css, until you want to make a post a click submit, that's where the php kicks in, a listing done of topics available --> php is the listing itself, how it looks is done via html/css. But the colors, the position of the icons, and all, it's all html and css. You can do a lot with html and css, but it's all static.

website with no html/css => long boring text file with no markup

website with html/css => see it as a well structure document

For the guestbook, you could use mcc's authentication system, but it's way to much for what you actually need. You are better of writing your own (if you're already that far), these things don't ask *that* much. However, as A_bretrand has already mentioned, you are probably better of searching for a simple guestbook script online. There are literally 1000s of those online. But then you enter again into the "issues" you might meet, in the other topic I explained (PHP Mod advice) .

As for the navigation on this site, it's all part of burning board software, which you can configure then do your needs, and eventually edit a little bit here and there.