MakeWebGames

[Concept Art] NEW, OLD & INCOMPLETE

Taxed

Hi,

I don’t really post too much on the forum, but I have been an active member for a while now. I wanted to give something back to the community, so I thought I would upload some of my concept art in hope that it would inspire someone.

The first design I made for gfunited.com which is currently under construction for V2 is below. I eventually decided that the theme was too dark and was not as user friendly as I wanted.

Gfunited_Old_Concept.jpg

When building V2 of gfunited I decided to overhaul the layout, to make it more user friendly and appealing. I decided to go for a very familiar taskbar, using a good icon set and a nice A:hover CSS style for the links. The right-hand navigation consists of a few icons to quickly allow players to view their stats/equipped items and for staff to access the admin panel. Mail/Jail icons glow when the right conditions are met.

I also opted to add a lot of in game art such as items, weapons, protection, item crates, etc. I wont go into massive detail as we are still developing V2 and the updates are closely guarded secrets. Anyway, here is a sneak preview.

Gfunited_Concept.jpg

Lastly, I wanted to show a weapon set that I am working on. It is far from completion but I personally think they look pretty good. It’s the first time I have tried doing this kind of work, and opted to design them as 2d graphics rather than 3d modelling. It is currently undecided whether I will be personally using them for a project. I may choose to release them as royalty free images exclusively to MWG, but as they are a long way off completion, I can’t make any promises.

Weapon-Concept.jpg

I will be keeping an eye on this thread, so if you have any feedback/questions, feel free to leave a comment.

Guest georgelink

will you be selling the in-game template for gfunited? It looks amazing. If you are going to sell it, please contact me? Nice weapons. I don't know if the bow is suited for a modern game theme...

Awsome Work! +1

will you be selling the in-game template for gfunited? It looks amazing. If you are going to sell it, please contact me? Nice weapons. I don't know if the bow is suited for a modern game theme...

Awsome Work! +1

Im glad you like my work. Im afraid that the gfunited.com V2 template is not for sale. As for the bow, I know its not really a futuristic weapon, but I created it more to satisfy my passion for archery.

Nice work, do you create graphic's for other people at a cost by any chance?
I am willing to design websites for around £200. But that can vary depending on what you want. For the full price, I will design the login/in-game templates. Complie the images,HTML & PHP into a working page and intergrate it with your site. The layouts will coform to copyright laws. It may contain small amounts of royalty free images and open source scripts, but will not contain any copyright material. Every design sold is a unique design and as such will not be resold to any other parties.

I cant really see much going in them templates, just a collection of images, shapes and (on the second) a javascript menu. Have you got any graphics created by you?
I appreciate your opinion. I find however that there is a lot more to a well designed layout than just the images. You have to take into effect the colour scheme and mood it sets, the positioning of key functions needs to be user friendly and familiar, you also have to consider image quality & bandwidth. So where you may see a collection of images and shapes, I see a layout specifically designed to attract the biggest possible audiance by applying familiar functions and techniques. Take for example the toolbar, I specificly added it into the layout because it is familiar to the the target audiance, it is used billions of times a day in operating systems. So that leads me to believe that its the most practicle navigation option for the majorrity of my audiance.

I hope this helps to clarify the design process a little more.

nice background...

i do like them weapons :D

Yes it is, I came across it in a royalty free image community. I thought the lighting of the picture would compliment my design.

Ill admit i am a little skeptical of the weapons, I posted them on here to gather opinions, simply because im not too 100% happy with the designs. I just cant put my finger on what the problem is.

Thank you all for your replies. any more questions, just ask.

Nice work, do you create graphic's for other people at a cost by any chance?
I am willing to design websites for around £200. But that can vary depending on what you want. For the full price, I will design the login/in-game templates. Complie the images,HTML & PHP into a working page and intergrate it with your site. The layouts will coform to copyright laws. It may contain small amounts of royalty free images and open source scripts, but will not contain any copyright material. Every design sold is a unique design and as such will not be resold to any other parties.

Thank's for replying, but i was asking about the item's.

I'm soon going to be releaing DeadlyKillah.net and then moving onto ConvictsUnleashed.com.

I have template's for both site's. All i need now is item image's for ConvictsUnleashed.com. And some house image's for both site's.

How much you charge per item?

How much you charge per house?