MakeWebGames

Need Help

srachit

Hello I would like to know if someone who knows how to make a proper template (not one with paint or anything plz :P ) could spend 15 mins of their time to answer some foolish (really foolish) questions of mine. I am a newbie (the type of newbie who has never never made a template) and would like someone to answer my questions.

I have used flash and photoshop before (I am quiet sure we wont need flash to make the template but just incase :P :P) so that wouldnt be a big problem.

Well making templates or skins is not something you do in 5 min nor learn in 15 min. You will have first to come with some design idea and you can then try them on paper, yes really just plain old paper and pen. Draw your template there, and check how it will look like, then once you are happy with the places of the things, start drawing / composing your template with photoshop. This will require more or less knowledge on photoshop depending of how complex the template design is. Finally you will have to cut this single image in parts and make it work via HTML / CSS / JS. Finally once this is done, you need to code it into your engine, and make the engine produce the wished HTML. So as you see there is multiple "passes" or "phases" in designing a template, and therefore it will take time to master them all. Also this makes difficult to find simple tutorials about how to make them.

Now if you have specific questions about a single thing, then maybe we can help you more.

• 4 weeks later...