MakeWebGames

[Scripts Vault] GloryLands v0.5b

mdshare

Plus Points...

Nicely animated 2D interface, charcter's are nicely drawn, plenty of maps can be added Once youve worked out how to do them as there isnt much of a help file.

But overall the charcter based 2D environment was unwittingly addictive to walk round and exlpore.. and could be made even larger with new addon Maps,

The editing system although basic did prove a purpose that it can be used to make a great game if the owner had the time and temprament to do so.

Minus Points..

I found that even on the Beta version which can probably be improved the Javascript Crashed Quite a lot, The ability to click and manouver your charcter around the 2d frame seemed a task at some points and, also found that your character would just Freeze to the spot whenever you gave them a direction to walk to.

The CPU usuage would be a concern when more people got involved in the game as i found that using 3 charcters caused a great deal of lagg.

Overall

As a game it has some unique spots that could entertain your members but i do feel on the whole because of lack of movement sometimes, This could be a headache..

My score for the Glorylands engine has to be 5/10...

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...