MakeWebGames

Strong enforcement of the rules.

a_bertrand

Maybe you have seen it maybe not, but we started a strong campaign against any rules breaking. I personally removed a lot of posts and even a few threads due to either bad words, bad answer, off topic answers, copyright infringements and others.

I even raised the warning level of a user for some good reason, and the poor soul now cannot post anything without prior acceptance of a moderator. Of course if he change his mind / way to act he will be freed after a while.

Why do we do that? Because we believe it's time to change the mood of this forums. There is a lot of great people here, a lot of good ideas and a lot of web games (good or less so). Now still, we do had the bad habit to answer in rude ways if not directly flame somebody and the effect if those behaviors are that new users may run away as soon as they see that such things are allowed here.

As we do want to improve the overall quality of the forum, the number of skilled people participating, and the overall quality of the posts we will be very strict and check basically every post (if nothing slip between the controls). You can help too, first by act in a positive way, second report what you believe is not good / acceptable (and provide a reason why you think so).

Sincerely,

Alain Bertrand

Re: Strong enforcement of the rules.

At last some moderation! Myself, sometimes tend to be not that friendly, yet i don't ever used badwords nor less proper language. Yet, sometimes flames just come out, and i know i've had my share of them around! Though flamming is a necessary evil, obviously the "flame level" can be kept on proper manners, IF people knew how to act. On the overall... i agree with what's coming, let's see if i won't be getting myself moderated as well. :)

I'm not mad neither. I do accept (for my own projects and for others) negative comments. What I do consider not acceptable are comments like

"go to **** with your *****"

or

"what a **** go learn something"

Negative comments need to be constructive not just destructive.

Comment: By checking your post log (quickly) I must say I don't see anything which I would mod... so don't worry XD

"go to **** with your *****"

or

"what a **** go learn something"

Oooh, guessing games!

My guess: the first is:

Go to THE BEACH with your SURFBOARD

the second is: What a STUDENT go learn something!

On a serious note: moderation is good, especially when used in moderation :)