MakeWebGames

Quests!!

Reaction

With some help from danny ive taken the crimes and transformed it into a quests so you can now have both.

SQL TABLES

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

after creating your tables youll then need to create a quest.php with this

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now for your doquest.php

Read next post for the rest!

Re: Quests!!

Next create your staff_quests.php with this

Now add this to smenu.php wherever u'd like (i placed it just under crimes and above battle tents for organization purposes)

ok almost there guys haha! next part is courtesy of danny, thanks man! place this in your global_func.php i placed it just above the crimes section myself but its up to u

Next is for your globals.php

Last but certainly not least open up your mainmenu.php and find

somewhere in there, wherever you would like ppl to see it place

Make sure u line it up with the others its pretty simple.

soon to come organized quests?! we'll see how it goes XD

That should do it! load it all up and check you should have a quests in game and in your staff menu just like u do crimes! This is my first attempt coding anything and its pretty much based straight off the crimes but i hope its helpful, if there are any problems post back and ill see what i can do but im no pro >.< lol.

well like i said its just a basic quests works exactly like crimes but no jail time so u can have easy earn xp quests for the players to get through those low lvls a little quicker or whatever u plan, it should pretty pretty easily altered too. and actually if u wanted u could add those into the coding here and have a staff panel for quest creation that does all that for you too!

nice well done mate can you make say the quests only say users go do say 5 times aday or with no link jail or hospital there guna keep leveling coz of the exp they get users will go flying through levels mate apart from nice recode of the crimes :0

nice well done mate can you make say the quests only say users go do say 5 times aday or with no link jail or hospital there guna keep leveling coz of the exp they get users will go flying through levels mate apart from nice recode of the crimes :0

Well its the owner fault if they go through levels like its water isnt it coz they have set it up too easy so i blame the owner not the coder ;)

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/reaction/public_html/ionicdestiny/quest.php on line 16

--- this is the error im getting for somereason but line 16 is written correctly :/ identical to the criminal.php except it says quests of course :/ any ideas?

Do i get +1 lol oj try

then where ever you see

replace with

And illusions im sure you could make this more advanced and more widley used than me or Reaction could ;)

Do i get +1 lol oj try

then where ever you see

replace with

And illusions im sure you could make this more advanced and more widley used than me or Reaction could ;)

I think he's doing fine on his own. As a first script i think we can certainly see some more decent scripts from him :)

Sorry Danny wasnt aware you took part but yeah i'll +1 you :)

haha well we went from 1 error (which btw danny that $a did fix it) to another error -

ive been googling and reading other forums and they said it could be a misplaced curley bracket, i couldnt find it so i redid the script completely again to match docrime.php (but with quests) and its still giving me the same error :/ any ideas? its the doquests.php btw -- here it is again so u dont have to page back

• 4 months later...

the sql wont work for me it comes up

[mysql]

Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `quests` ( `questID` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , `questNAME` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL , `questBRAVE` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `questPERCFORM` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL , `questSUCCESSMUNY` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `questSUCCESSCRYS` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `questSUCCESSITEM` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `questGROUP` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', `questITEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL , `questSTEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL , `questFTEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL , `questXP` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', PRIMARY KEY ( `questID` ) , FULLTEXT ( `questNAME` , `questPERCFORM` , `questITEXT` , `questSTEXT` , `questFTEXT` )) ENGINE = MYISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ---------------------------------------- CREATE TABLE `questgroups` ( [...]

MySQL said: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '----------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE `questgroups` (

`qgID' at line 21

[/mysql]

i fixed it!

• 4 months later...

SQL error

MySQL said:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that

corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use

near '----------------------------------------

`qgID' at line 21

[mysql]CREATE TABLE `quests` (

`questID` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`questNAME` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`questBRAVE` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`questPERCFORM` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`questSUCCESSMUNY` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`questSUCCESSCRYS` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`questSUCCESSITEM` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`questGROUP` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`questITEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`questSTEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`questFTEXT` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`questXP` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `questID` ) ,

FULLTEXT (

`questNAME` ,

`questPERCFORM` ,

`questITEXT` ,

`questSTEXT` ,

`questFTEXT` )) ENGINE = MYISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ;

`qgID` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`qgNAME` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`qgORDER` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `qgID` ))

ENGINE MYISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci ;[/mysql]

That should work you just missed a ; after COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci

SQL query:

--------------------------------------

--

`qgID` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

`qgNAME` VARCHAR( 255 ) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci NOT NULL ,

`qgORDER` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

PRIMARY KEY ( `qgID` ) ) ENGINE MYISAM CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci;

MySQL said: b_help.png

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that

corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use

near '----------------------------------------

`qgID` ' at line 1