MakeWebGames

tutorial?

dg14813

For the past few days I've been working on learning php functions, but I was looking to make a game using php, generally it would be simple, with simple turn-based fight system and the following:

-A money system

-Health with some type of regeneration system

-and some sort of admin control

Are there any good tutorials to teach me how to do some of this stuff?

Re: tutorial?

Simple answer: no, there aren't

there are totorials on making things like:

authentication system

mysql queries

basic web page design

and on and on

So you'd have to go over tutorials "one chunk" at a time since there is no tutorial that I know of that covers it all.

For the past few days I've been working on learning php functions, but I was looking to make a game using php, generally it would be simple, with simple turn-based fight system and the following:

-A money system

Theres a site out there, that focuses on PHP game development, that includes (I believe) all of that, let me see if I can find it.

If you want to learn how to make games....

http://community.bbgamezone.com/

More into making your own games and somewhere in the archive we worked on a very simplistic framework. Also they carry numerous articles that give a basic how-to...

This forum is about re-writing or augmenting one of the worst ever game engines ever coded on the internet. If you want to learn how to "plug holes" then this is the forum for you ;)

Course, no offense, but seriously McCodes is crap, those that "re-wrote" the engine, good for you, but you still re-wrote something already in place you didn't create anything.

• 4 weeks later...

-A money system

Theres a site out there, that focuses on PHP game development, that includes (I believe) all of that, let me see if I can find it.

I actually finally stumbled upon it tonight, and thought back to this post.

Building Browser Games