MakeWebGames

Another problem need help with

shaved92bravada

I need to know what I am doing wrong here....

$items=('61,62,63,64');

$checkitems = sprintf
(
	"SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM inventory WHERE ((`inv_itemid` IN ('%s') AND (`inv_userid` = '%u'))", 
	$items,
	abs(@intval($userid))
);
	$items = $db->query($checkitems);

QUERY ERROR: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

Query was SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM inventory WHERE ((`inv_itemid` IN ('61,62,63,64') AND (`inv_userid` = '1'))

Re: Another problem need help with

Try

$items=('61,62,63,64');

$checkitems = sprintf
(
     "SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM inventory WHERE `inv_itemid` IN ('%s') AND `inv_userid` = '%u'",
     $items,
     abs(@intval($userid))
);

& post back.

Killah is on the right track here. You had a missmatched set of parens.

The only other thing I see that's a problem is your in() function takes a CSV, but you've enclosed your entire CSV in quotes.

in(%s) is the way you wanna do that, and not in('%s')

The key there, is using %s does not always require quotes. You're outputting a CSV composed entirely of numbers. If you had strings, you still wouldn't use quotes around the %s because you would need quotes around each entry:

in('a', 'b', 'c')

Does that make sense?

yeah it makes perfect sense and tyvm for explaining it.

The task at hand is to make it where if the player doesn't have items ( id x, id x, id x, id x ) in their inventory then they cannot move forward until they have the required items in their inventory...... so wouldn't

if(!$db->num_rows($items))

{

echo ' you have to have blah blah to blah blah ';

}

is that correct or how to I tell it that if they don't have those they cannot move on??

Using the code you have, and assuming your query is working properly, you'd take the var $items, and put it in an if.

if ($items < the number of items required) {

// you don't have the required items...

} else {

// you do have the required items...

}

ok well apparently my query isn't working correctly because I don't have the required items in my inventory and it is letting me go onto the next step...... so any help on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated..... I have been working on this mod for about a month now and decided to go ahead and get this step out of the way before I tried to progress any further......

below is the following query which doesn't give any errors, it just doesn't work correctly I guess....

$checkitems = sprintf
(
     "SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM inventory WHERE `inv_itemid` IN (%s) AND `inv_userid` = '%u'",
     $items,
     abs(@intval($userid))
);

still no luck as of yet.... I am gonna keep workin on it and see if I can figure out what the problem is.... I know I can get it to work by running a seperate query for each item but then that wouldn't be efficient would it lol... Thanks for all the help so far and all the help to hopefully swing my way....

$items = '61,62,63,64';

$itemsq = $db->query("SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) as `c` FROM inventory WHERE `inv_itemid` IN (" . $items . ") AND `inv_userid` = '" . $userid . "'");
$fetch = mysql_fetch_assoc($itemsq);

if ($fetch['c'] >= 1) {
   // Continue
} else {
   // no
}

Although that i think would only work if they had one of the four items, if you needed all four, then try this:

if ($fetch['c'] == 4) {
   // Continue
} else {
   // no
}

• 5 weeks later...

I need to know what I am doing wrong here....

Your problem is because your list of items is being passed to sql as a single string. Make items an array and then implode it with a comma to make the list for your IN clause.

$items = array(61,62,63,64);

$checkitems = sprintf
(
	"SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM inventory WHERE ((`inv_itemid` IN (%s) AND (`inv_userid` = '%u'))", 
	implode(",", $items),
	abs(@intval($userid))
);

OR simple as this:

$items = '61,62,63,64';
$items = mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(`inv_id`) FROM `inventory` WHERE `inv_itemid` IN('.$items.') AND `inv_userid` = ".$ir['userid']);

I don't think that wont work..

If you look at the in function is needs a list of values separated with commas.

Your example will look like this.. IN('61,62,63,64') Wouldn't the apostrophes treat it as a string and not an array?