MakeWebGames

Opacity in IE Browser's

Haunted Dawg

I have for many month's now try to figure out why

.change_opacity {

opacity: 0.7;

}

would never work in internet explorer (IE) browser's until now. I did a simple google search and i found how to make opacity work in IE.

.change_opacity {

opacity: 0.7;

filter: alpha(opacity = 70);

}

By adding filter: alpha(opacity = 70); it would work out the same as opacity: 0.7.

While opacity work's from 1.0 (Completly visible) to 0.0 (Completly invisible) filter work's from 100 (Completly visible) to 0 (Completly invisible).

Well. there u have opacity in IE browser's. Enjoy for those who never knew.

Re: Opacity in IE Browser's

webkit should be following css specs pretty good. I'm willing to be either the ff or ie version's of opacity will be used by webkit as well.

there's really very few things that, when they work in both ff and ie, they won't work in webkit.

In the case of opacity, using something like killah suggested should be enough for webkit.

<html>
<head>

</head>
<body>
<div style="height: 300px; width: 300px; opacity: 0.2; background-color: #000000"> hey hey hey</div>
</body>
</html>

Try that in safari.

opacity: 0.2 does indeed work there.

safari uses webkit by the way.

Therefore, what I said stands and that -moz stuff is not needed there. (besides, wouldn't -moz be gecko specific?)

it's more than likely that safari 2 works the same as safari 3 as far as most css rules

opacity is part of css 2 IIRC, which has been around a long time

feel free to test it, I already tested safari 3 (downloaded yesterday, so should be latest one)