MakeWebGames

[mccode] LET IT SNOW

Uridium

Re: [MOD all MCC's] LET IT SNOW

sounds like an awesome mod for christmas I agree, I tried it out, not sure if I added it wrong or something but it was just in one line straight down lol. I will work on it more and figure out what I am doing wrong lol.

yep thats quite true ive given you the basics its up to you to create something from it..

May i suggest Javascript :)

Save the code below as snow.js

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

USAGE:

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Just to give a hand... this is suitable for darker backgrounds as it uses no images!

Also you can find there an identical script but with image use.

Heres one that will change snow direction and will also allow your members to Turn the snow off if it gets too much ( now come on its christmas why stop the snow lol )

Script taken from Scott Schiller

create a folder on your FTP called script or you can put it in root but will need a change if you do.

Call this file snowstorm.js this file goes into the script Folder

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

Now open up your header.php

and add this preferably before your TOP LOGO so its easier to find..

On the same File place this where the HTML part starts...

Notice this bit script/snowstorm.js well if you placed the JS in your root then remove the script/ so its just snowstorm.js

http://www.slave-traders.net/image.zip << your image folder to upload with added images

And upload these images just send the whole folder called image to your FTP

And there you have it

• 4 weeks later...

Re: [mccode] LET IT SNOW

Sounds good.

But I can't get it to snow. :| I have made a new folder called script and added the snowstorm.js

I then have a folder called image (not in my script folder). Then in that folder I have the snow folder then in that folder I have all the images. And I have placed the bits of code into the header yet it still won't snow....

Also, if I click on the Change Wind or Stop Snowing link when in FF, nothing comes up, but in IE it comes up with "A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug?"

What am I doing wrong?

• 3 weeks later...