MakeWebGames

[Other] Disable Register(not technicaly disabled)

Solid Snake

Right for all of you who have or are just made a game and dont want anyone to register yet just make this file and call it registeroff.php

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

all it is the my login screen with the login stuff taken off and some text shoved in the tables so not much

atm all i know it works for V2 not sure about V1 or lite

Re: [Other] Disable Register(not technicaly disabled)

or you could do something along these lines.

make a new entry in your settings table

(`conf_id`, `conf_name`, `conf_value`)

VALUES ('18', 'reg_off, '0');

those are the values you need to put in there. If you need help with that lemme know then open up your register.php

find

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

and replace with this

then open staff.php

find

put this right after

That will allow you to turn off registrations from your staff panel pretty much all it does is disable the submit button they can still type in all of the information and such, I'm sure there is a way around that but hey its simple and it works for me.

thats what mine does that I posted and you are able to do it all from the staff panel. once you turn the registrations off in the staff panel then it removes the submit button and replaces it with a message saying

"REGISTRATIONS ARE TEMPORARILY DOWN PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER"

Oh i see, good work then ;p.

wouldn't

Active:

Inactive:

work the same.

i mean it's not worth all that just for something which can be done with 5 lines

wouldn't

Active:

Inactive:

work the same.

i mean it's not worth all that just for something which can be done with 5 lines

Is it just me or did you post the exact 5 lines twice?

Correction:

wouldn't

Active:

Inactive:

work the same.

then you have to go in and edit it each time you want to do something rather than doing just the one time edit that I have posted and if you need to disable registration it can be done directly from the staff panel. Tell me that is not convenient. lol Not saying these other ways wouldn't work as well just seems to me that it would be more efficient to be able to enable or disable from in game.

then you have to go in and edit it each time you want to do something rather than doing just the one time edit that I have posted and if you need to disable registration it can be done directly from the staff panel. Tell me that is not convenient. lol Not saying these other ways wouldn't work as well just seems to me that it would be more efficient to be able to enable or disable from in game.

I Suppose :)

all i did was renamed my register.php to

083lso9.php

lol

:-o

But nice work. And tahnks for sharing.

Actually i gotta agree with you would be a lot easier just rename the register and make another that says GO AWAY come back when im done ;)

083lso9.php

lol

Actually i gotta agree with you would be a lot easier just rename the register and make another that says GO AWAY come back when im done ;)

lol I guess its just me but it seems to me that it would be easier to edit one time than it would be to go in and edit the link whenever you needed to disable registrations. But not putting anyone down or anything as its a matter of opinion lol.

083lso9.php

lol

lol I guess its just me but it seems to me that it would be easier to edit one time than it would be to go in and edit the link whenever you needed to disable registrations. But not putting anyone down or anything as its a matter of opinion lol.

Yeah but how often do you have to stop registing?...but you do make since, lol...I just have never hd to stop the registrations....

well like right now my game is just alpha, and I am the only one registered, but just in case someone stumbles upon my game they can't register. And when I want someone to register and test some things out then I can just go in the staff panel and open registrations. Thats the reason why I did that. lol but yeah I see what your saying as well.