MakeWebGames

[REVIEW] Dowtown Toronto RPG ~ review

radio_active

hospyb.gif

Name: Downtown Toronto RPG

Link: www.downtown-to.com

Game description:

Downtown Toronto started one year ago, through being hacked several times i shut the game down until march this year when i brought it back up again.

I started coding on a higher level and made the whole layout of the game by myself when previously i had people do it for me. I went through many different color schemes and i still am however im leaving it plain and simple for the time being.

Im about to introduce a Company Script which is similar to that of Torn Cities Job.company script. Only mine is better, lol.

Please let me know what you think as far as.

Login

Register (This is the next thing im working on)

Design

How easy to navigate

Overall rating.

Please rate each out of 10 and let me know where i can improve.

Thanks

Jail.gif

And finally.

title.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Re: [REVIEW] Dowtown Toronto RPG ~ review

7.5/10 The game functionally is good, though the design really needs improving the "TC Background" really needs improving :-P possibly change it to another colour. The login is different from most games which is good.

• 3 weeks later...

Well first of all it needs a story line to improve, pointless playing a game without a good storyline, show your users what "Dogtown Toronto" is all about, be creative, then possibliy change the design of the site to something that suites the game design.

so far i give 5/10

4/10

not anymore, just signed up to the game and it asked to verify the account, so i went back to the login page and signed in, no point of verifying was their?

Well first of all it needs a story line to improve, pointless playing a game without a good storyline, show your users what "Dogtown Toronto" is all about, be creative, then possibliy change the design of the site to something that suites the game design.

so far i give 5/10

4/10

not anymore, just signed up to the game and it asked to verify the account, so i went back to the login page and signed in, no point of verifying was their?

Okay so a 5/10 because i had no Story on the front page because it was hacked a few weeks back and deleted and has not been put back up yet. It will be put back up before its moved into ALPHA.

Then a 4/10 because you didnt have to verify your account. hmmm

Okay thankyou for reviewing.

Last bit of your first sentence made no sense.

"then possibliy change the design of the site to something that suites the game design."

Simplify that, "Change the design of the game to something that suites the desgn."

Have a look at an orignal MCcode then compare. completly differernt, i have not used one persons login or header script, i have done my design completly by myself. just about to introduce a template into the register page.

That was harsh but okay then!

ok i don't want to be the bad guy here but radio mate add

Change

body {
background-image: url(bg.jpg);
background-color:#999999;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
font-family:Courier,ComicSansMS;font-size:12px;color:#000000;
}

into:

body  {
background-attachment : fixed;
margin-top : 0;
margin-bottom : 0;
font-family : calibri, helvetica, arial, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size : 10px;
}

in your Downtown-to.css

you can check your css @ CSS Validation (thanks to Tezza for the validation link).

Have fun + 1 for the login page

Ratings for this Game

Layout 10

Front Page 10

Banner 10

Design 10

Navigate 10

Thanks for the support there Vorless.

Zero, thankyou for your input!

Im not sure what you mean, if i change to what you have shown its not defining the bg picture? I have used the validator before and cleaned my CSS up but just before i added the background in. Can you explain a bit more?

thankyou :-)

Ratings for this Game

Layout 10

Front Page 10

Banner 10

Design 10

Navigate 10

Thanks for the support there Vorless.

Zero, thankyou for your input!

Im not sure what you mean, if i change to what you have shown its not defining the bg picture? I have used the validator before and cleaned my CSS up but just before i added the background in. Can you explain a bit more?

thankyou :-)

Ok basically i am saying the background image your using is small i know it looks big but goto users online or userlist you can see where it repeats which i find horrible looking and off putting.

the code i provided sorts that out by sticking the image constantly fixed so if they scroll it stays the same.

look at Uriahs website for a example

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah much better, i forgot to thankyou for helping me with that, Thanks for helping me with that xD

Yes, the usersonline in last 24hours was reset yesterday so we seem to be doing really well at the moment. It may look even better once the Campaign is over, just advertising on a few hundred dollars into some sites. If they are successful ill let you know them.