MakeWebGames

MCC sending out spam emails

Uridium

I was told today that my subdomain was sending out spam emails i only have one email account for this domain that being an info email and its empty. Yet my host insits the subdomain is sending out spam emails.. messages from host..

justin cormier (9/27/2008 5:28:47 AM): As stated in the form, if your clients wish to send bulk email it must be opt-in email list and must be verified. If not a verified opt-in list the domain will be suspended or possibly terminated.

justin cormier (9/27/2008 5:25:44 AM): Ur subdomain zenellion is causin spam issues server owners are pissed lol

Im not sure why spam emails are beng sent the game itself is not even open to the public..

can anyone shed some light on this plz or if you have had a similar occurance.

Re: MCC sending out spam emails

1. vulnerable script that allows to send smpt mails eg a contact form

2. having your mail account accessed through eg outlook and a nasty trojan is using your contact list to spam and infect everyone

3. worthless webhost, his reply doesn't sound proffessional at all, ask for proof

Re: MCC sending out spam emails

Thanks for your Prompt MD Im waiting for conformation of the emails that they call spam i have disabled the Password script as it has a email form system. and will wait too see if anything else develops as regards a Trojan Infection. I'll try to find a way to scour my system for events.