MakeWebGames

[mccode] How hard would it be and can it be done..

Uridium

Ive been looking at the installer for the mccodes and i reckon with a bit of tweaking you could rename the items before the game is setup..

On the settings it has this when it installs...

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

So my theory is if i wanted to change for example crystals for a user defined format i should be able to remove the word crystals from the INSERT INTO string and add ($POST['elemental_type'])

as it shows in the insert into settings and for anything where the elemental_type would be involved in this case the word crystals it could be defined as anything...

Obviously addint this before the count..

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

If ive gone barking mad then thats just me but is there a possabilty this can be done..

Guest Anonymous

Re: How hard would it be and can it be done..

Most professional sites use multiple layers:

Database

Middle Layer

Templates

The middle layer speaks to a standardized database, and sends the data out through a templating system to the browser.

Using this architecture, it's simple to change the templates without touching the code or the database to change anything from the layout, color scheme, a few odd words or a full language translation system.

Basic stuff really. If you change your database layer you will probably run into problems when installing 3rd party mods - so abstract everything out.

Thanks for that Nyna just i was fed up of seeing the words crystals and points on games would be nice to have the option of renaming them before the game installs.

Im aware most of the mods and even the mcc refers to crystals but addin the post comment to selct from or insert into would be an ideal way for games to make their games that little bit different..

Guest Anonymous

For all the lazy sods ...

(untested)