MakeWebGames

A small cron problem

War_Hero

Hi all.

I've been having a little trouble with a new cron for a while now. It's for an investment mod a friend and I made. In the mod, the user can upgrade their contract with the investment company from level 0 to level 1, which gives more interest per day.

My problem is that even if a user is at Level 1, they still receive 3.0% interest on their investment, instead of the 5.5% they're supposed to get at Level 1.

Here is what I have in my cron_day.php:

if($ir['investlevel'] == 1)
{
$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*5.5) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0");
}
elseif($ir['investlevel'] == 0)
{
$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*3.0) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0");
}

I've tried different variations of the cron to get it to work. For example, I tried:

$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*3.0) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel == 0");
$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*5.5) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel == 1");

but that didn't work either. :(

So I'm a bit confused as to how to get this cron to work. I am still a newbie coder so I'm still learning. :) Any help will be highly appreciated. :)

Re: A small cron problem

Instead of

$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*3.0) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel == 0");
$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*5.5) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel == 1");

try

$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*3.0) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel = 0");
$db->query("UPDATE users SET userBANKAMMT = userBANKAMMT + (userBANKAMMT/100*5.5) WHERE userBANKAMMT > 0 AND investlevel = 1");

It's just 1 equal sign in mysql comparison statements. mysql has the assignment operator which is also used for comparison (=).

Re: A small cron problem

Right. :) Thank you. I'll try that and hopefully at 00:00 BST I'll get the correct amount of interest. :)

I'll make sure I only use one (=) in my crons from now on. Fortunately, I haven't needed to have (=) signs in any of my crons for the mods I've made so far, so this is lesson learned. :) Thank you.